How much are you paying for gas?

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • I filled up Saturday and it was $2.96. Decided to top it up today and it had gone up to $3.36. Yikes that's an increase of 40 cents.

So what are you paying?
  • $3.49 here in most places, a few places are now down to $3.39......
  • $2.99 still in the town my DH works in, although it peaked at $3.12 in the town I work in last week.
  • 3.29 right now - its actually down from a couple weeks ago.
  • Ugh...we're paying 3.55 for premium! Sad sad sad!
  • 3.09 is the cheapest over here.
  • Hi!
    $3.11 here in Upstate NY. I am sure it will skyrocket though soon. I am near Saratoga, Lake George area and we are starting our busiest season this week.
    WOW! Some of you are paying a ton!
    Lisa
  • $3.26 here in Iowa. That's down 3 cents since Monday.
  • $3.49 right now, and just about every other day, the price keeps going up and up. You know what gets me though....they say more and more folks are taking the bus, but no one ever mentions whether or not the bus fares have gone up...I wonder...
  • I cant even look anymore. I just know when i bought my car it took almost $20 to fill it up. Now it takes $45. That is insane.

They say it is a supply and demand problem...i just dont get that though. I dont think i am using more than TWICE what i was when i bought my car, so how come my fill up doubled? I think we need to look at why the gas companies are having record profits...like 500% increase in profit...and they say supply and demand?....sounds like the only *demanding and suppling* going on is that gas companies are *demanding* my *supply* of money with record profits. :-(
  • I feel a little lucky here in ole' Virginia -- $2.86. Not bad compared to some
  • Um, I think about $3.10 or so, as it changes. When I first got my car in '02 it cost $20 to fill it up, now it is more like $40. Ouch.
  • shrinkingchica-I love your avatarl Where did you get it?
  • Um, here in Edmonton, Alberta (with a refinery right at the edge of town, nonetheless), it's 1.21 a LITER. So approximately 4.84 a gallon.
  • $2.99 so far. It's been a little over and a little under the $3 range for about a month, now. I HATE it!

I saw on CNN that some people in the government are wanting legislation giving them the ability to monitor the gas companies and ensure that we aren't being gouged....I guess they are thinking that's what's going on, now. Anyway, I, for one, hope that legislation gets somewhere!

(Although - as Shelby pointed out - our gas is STILL cheaper than Canada and Europe!)