21 Days to Beat a Rut ... Day 1

• Since I've found daily and/or meal planning threads and so on very encouraging let's try this. 21 days. Set you own parameters. I'm not even setting a goal. I just need to kick things up a bit. Stir up some enthusiasm.

There's no good reason for me to have an off plan day in 3 measly weeks. Is there?
    Here's my general plan ...1400 cals of superfoods with 150 gms of protein (on average), some jogging in each daily walk and a four day weight lifting split with heavier weights.

Anybody in? It's only three weeks. Who knows what kind of new habits we can form!

And it doesn't matter if you're a day or 2 or 7 behind just find the thread for day 21
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111258
    and begin. There will always be a link to the next day, so that you can progress along with everyone else.
  • Are you ready to do some kind of assessment to see what you've learned?

I already know that this challenge has been very good for me exercise-wise.
  • Oh my gosh - are we nearly there? WOW!

Okay, here's what I've learned in three weeks:
    DO NOT EAT IN FRONT OF THE TELEVISION!

ahhh, sure, okay... but HOW??? Weeellll...

1. If there are 'snacks' in the house, I am a LOT more likely to eat them in the evening in front of the the TV; thus, avoid buying dedicated 'snack' food, even if it is 'diet' or 'low-fat' - keep carrots, celery and hummus just in case. I am less likely to 'snack' on these, but rather incorporate them into a meal and feel satisfied and full.

2. Often eating dinner a little bit later helps if I am having an 'I-want-to-eat-the-whole-world-and-my-left-arm' kind of day. If I don't finish dinner until, say, 7:30 or 8pm, I am very unlikely to snack afterwards. (And the carrots, celery and hummus are great to tide me over until a 'later' dinner!)

3. (this is a good one!) Try NOT to sit in front of the TV six evenings a week! If I am walking after dinner, or sitting outside, I am a) less likely to snack, and b) generally moving more!!

So, overall, it was a small habit to break (but a major one for me!), and I hope I've done so - I THINK I have done so. I feel these three weeks were VERY worthwhile - thanks Susan!!

What about everyone else?

Heater
  • On the last day ... I'm going to bed as soon as my dryer is done ... 1578 cals with 133 gms of protein.
    DH and I walked and I did legs.
    I'll do a round up in the morning while I'm having my coffee.

Oh yes ... and I'll weigh myself tomorrow too.
  • Here's the link to the summary thread. Although Heather beat me to it. She did well, huh?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...10#post1702710
  • Sunday was a bad, bad day for me. I threw out anything logical that I know about healthy eating for the day. I think it was because I'd gone out to eat on Saturday night for my birthday, and knew my weigh-in was on Monday and expected a gain. So I must've psychologically decided that if I'm going to have a gain then that's my time to do a free-for-all. Bah.