Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/201/165

Height: 5"5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal422 View Post
you should shop at Torrid if you have one near you are online. i am 22 and they make all the cute clothes in my size and have shirts that hide my arms but are cute.
I adore Torrid. The clothes are cute, relatively affordable and very well made.
Charmed Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM   #17  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

OH me me me!! I am not looking forward to summer!! I hate exercising in the hot summer!! And I don't want to wear revealing clothes yet!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #18  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

I'm with you, mamaplots. I hate exercising in the heat. I actually just don't like the heat, period. Anywhere from 10 degrees Celsius to 22 is good for me - hotter and I'm miserable!

As far as revealing clothing goes... well, I haven't worn shorts in years. The shortest I go is capris, cuz I hate my legs so much. This year my body image is getting a little better, so we'll see.
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #19  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I love love love exercising in summer, it doesn't bother me at all! I just drink tons of water
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM   #20  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Like modkittn, I HATE shorts - always have, even when I was younger and didn't have a weight problem. I really don't like my knee-area either. Silly probably but I just don't like my legs. And now, of course I have very chubby thighs that rub together which make short-wearing nearly impossible. And I also have some vericose (sp) veins...due to my weight and a lovely heriditary thing.

And I've never liked the heart or summer sun. I tend to get headaches when I exercise out in the bright light and hot air. Don't know why, always have.
I love the water and swimming but haven't been able to swim in years. I just won't allow myself....I'm waaaay to ashamed to squeeze into a bathing suit.

I'm telling you, I cannot wait 'til I'm like momerath - I dream about not dreading the summer. We'll get there, ladies. We will!!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #21  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Amberoo - I just don't understand how some other people who are overweight don't have the problem I do with shorts - the ride up! They are ALWAYS riding up in between my legs... how disgusting. If they are longer then they won't really ride up, but I still have the knee issue so I just stick with capris!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 224/173/148

Height: 5'7"

Summer doesn't really bother me, I have always worn shorts even though I may not look very good in them. I'm very hot natured and with our heat and humidity during the summer I would "die" from the heat if I didn't wear shorts. I don't wear tank tops, but comfortable fitting shirts will short sleeves. I make sure to wear swim suits that cover my major flaws (around my hips and thighs), a swimsuit with a skirt usually hides that pretty well. I am looking forward to next summer (2008), by that time I will be down to my goal of 140-150. I can't wait to shop for the cute clothes you can't find in larger sizes.
Samybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7''

I can't wait for summer - I wear shorts every time I go to the gym so it won't bother me...even with my blinding white skin :-) I'm hoping this will be the best summer ever!

Last edited by finn; 05-24-2007 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 211/205/165

Height: 5'8

Ugh, I'm with you. My arms have always been big and I can't stand them. I used to not mind my big thighs until they went from fairly defined to straight jello. No way will I be wearing shorts or tank tops this summer. I have a pool in the backyard, so people always want to come swimming. I'm self conscious enough in a tshirt and shorts, forget a bathing suit! I told myself last summer that I would not be the same size, but here I am, still looking like a big marshmallow.

Despite the body issues, I'd dread the summer anyway. I don't like the heat or the sun at all. I'm hot natured and WAY too pale. I'm not looking forward to exercising in it either.
Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 245/225/120

Height: 5'6

I hate how most clothing designers think that girls need capped sleeves (the tiny ones that can't even really be called sleeves anyway) and not regular ones. I have a bunch of men's t-shirts from Urban Outfitters (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/ )and several unisex ones from Crazy Shirts (http://www2.crazyshirts.com/).

And for those of you who hate shorts, gaucho pants are you friends.. I have 3 or 4 pairs from Old Navy that are light weight cotton and I LOOOVE them.
strawberrycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #26  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

This summer will be a love/hate relationship for me -- love because I'm at my most fit/slim for years (though still a work in progress), hate because I'm gonna be sweating like a pig in an oven while I exercise (and I already sweat more than average!)

But can't wait to send some time at the beach in the next few months (and, money allowing, take up beginner surfing)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote