Nifty, nifty, I hit 50!

• I got my WW magnet today for hitting 50 lbs - I've lost 22% of the original me (good riddance).I think I'll go to the store and try to cary 50 lbs' worth of rice down an aisle to see how it feels!

I can't believe how much better I feel physically and emotionally. I wish I had done this years ago (but then again, I wasn't ready to make lifestyle changes then).
  • WTG Bethel!! Now, change your ticker.

I love your idea to "celebrate" your weight loss. I might do the same (carry 50 lbs of rice). I've been a little lazy about my weight loss and have been stagnant for about 2 months.
  • Congrats to you!!
  • That really is awesome!! Congrats to you. How long did it take you to lose 50 pounds?? You should be proud of yourself!!
  • I started mid-September, so that makes it 8 months. I'm in no rush - I'm concentrating on developing permanent habits that will stick with me for life - wiser food choices, more exercise, intelligent overall living. The weight loss is just one part of the picture - although it's nice to see the scale reflecting the change in habits, too!
  • Very inspirational. I needed that as the weekend approaches because it seems to be the hardest time.
    8 months is an excellent pace. I lost 110 once (back in 2000)over 17 months and you are right that the weight loss isn't the most important part. Best to you as you continue your journey!!
  • What an amazing job-- I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you!

It sounds to me like this is definitely a permanent lifestyle, which means that it's only a matter of time before we all get to congratulate you again on reaching your goal!
  • WOOOOT! Congrats sweetie!
  • Congratulations!!!! I love the rice idea, you should get a picture of you carrying it around the store Well done!