Stay At Home Mom's #21

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Stay At Home Mom's #21
    Welcome all newcomers and friends! This is a thread full of laughter, friendship and encouragement, as we share our lives and the ups & downs of raising a family. Feel free to join us. We look forward to getting to know each other better.
    Be sure to go back to SAHM's #20 to catch up with the latest on what has been going on in everyone's lives during the past week or so.
    Ginny
  • Hi!
    Welcome!!!!!! Please feel free to stop in here and post! We have a lot of MIA's out there and we miss you! I have left more than my share of posts on thread #20 so if you want to read what has been going on check out SAHM's #20.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Ginny
  • Good Day,All!

It's Monday again & I'm starting the weight-loss thingy again. I usually wait until Monday rolls around, but fortunately it was Monday & I didn't have to wait! Am I making any sense to you all? If you're like me, you'll understand, (right Ginny?!). I went shopping this a.m. to look for a new pair of Jeans because my "14's" did'nt fit me anymore. (I guess Ginny will have to mail me her 16's.) I don't feel like a size 16 person, more like a "10", like the Good Ole' Days! I was totally disgusted looking for jeans as they don't make them with the right cut that I need. I'm small from the waist up & do I even need to tell you about the rest of me? I was so disgusted that I didn't buy any pants & felt much happier buying 4 shirts instead. Ginny: I thought of you while I was @ Kohl's Dept. Store & how proud I am of your accomplishments & how I'm going to use you as my motivator. I don't think that I'm going to pass you up this time though, you're on a roll! I hit my all-time low this a.m., meaning in being depressed & not the #'s on the scale. I really hit rock-bottom & it's not all the weight issue either. I do believe that a big part has to do with not getting enough sunshine. I get this way each & every year at this time & I'm bound & determined to conquerer it! I'll go out & buy a sun lamp if I have to! I also decided not to let food be my friend & turn to it when I'm depressed, as it will only get me more depressed in the end. Who knows!, maybe I'll end up losing weight in the process & jump for joy when my 14's fit comfortably again! Another culprit to my depression is I'm in the middle of giving our bedroom a make-over. My DH spent 2 days painting it & I decided to rag-roll pearl glaze over the top & it looks terrible! I really feel bad & to top it off.....I wasted 2 days of my DH vacation & I ended up covering up his masterpiece! (He's re-painting it again tonight.) The walls will have a hint of purple & the paints called "Grape Reflections". If you first look at it, it looks white. I bought a new comforter, shams, dust ruffle, pillows, a neck roll, matching curtains & wall border. You can see it if you go to Target.com & go to the bedroom section. It's the purple "Garden Room" by Waverly. I just love it & can't wait for the bedroom to be done! I sure hope that this will help ease my depression. I heard somewhere that purple is supposed to be a color of romance, let's see. I told my DH that I wanted it to be our permanent Bed & Breakfast room. I wonder who's going to bring us breakfast? I'm also re-painting my DD's room & putting up her wall border that we bought a year ago & never hung. I told DH we had to hang it before the matching comforter starts fading. We're also painting another bathroom & re-wallpapering our Foyer. All this before Christmas, are we crazy? It really won't
    take that long to paint & hang the wall border, it's the Foyer that I'm not too sure of. Well, I guess I'd better stop the home decorating post & get back to the weightloss issue. I've been pretty faithful today & I'm sure not fitting into the 14's has a lot to do with it! I'm sorry if I have bored you all to death! Ginny: I hope that your remodeling project is almost finished. I know how hard it is to live without cabinets & countertops & to live out of boxes. Good Luck! Well, I guess it's time to get in the car & pick up DD from Pon Poms's & then take her to Dance lessons. I'll check in later. Take Care everyone!
    **Jackie**
  • Hiya! (golly the moderators must be sick of me today!!!!!!)
    I had to check email after Ds's game to see if something from work came in and I saw that Jackie had checked in. So I thought I would stop in to say hello and respond.
    First of all, Jackie, I LOVE your bedroom! (gonna ask me out for a visit???????? ) I checked it out on Targets web site and fell in love with the floral pattern and the colors. We redid our bedroom 6 months ago- oh, I like it and the change is nice- but frankly I find it rather boring.... Dh really likes it, I know. His taste is more traditional and I lean either to primative country (yes, I left myself wide open on that one, didn't I!) or French Country (which although I am no decorating expert is what your Bedroom looks like). Enjoy it, it looks great! I find it a lot of fun with those kind of decorating projects- you know the type that are a coat of paint or two....... and new linens (I can't afford new furniture!). Sorry about the rag roll problem- was the glaze too strong? (I have never gotten up my nerve to rag roll).
    As for me and these new jeans, I am an apple in shape so I carry all this dumb blubber all over! Hey, I even look pregnant when I am thin! So, although it is an accomplishment for me, don't be too impressed. My belly is still full of jelly, as are my arms, legs........the list goes on and on. And I was feeling so lithe and slender in my size 14's and got a look at myself in the mirror....... I still have 30-35 pounds to go- and I will not be "skinny" even then, just within a normal weight range for my height. BTW, my neighbor who (forgive me!) is about the most exaggerated "pear" shape I have ever seen buys her jeans from LLBean- and somehow they fit her very well. Ok, I am sure that they cost a ton, but she really is tiny on top and huge on the bottom,with a small waist. Maybe that will help you!

As far as the redecorating thing- we will be lucky if the bathroom is done before Christmas. This was a major gut the place job- Dh has knocked the room down to the 2x4 frame and is rebuilding most of it. So it will take a while. I am hoping to get some painting done- the living room and Ds's room before Christmas. The living room looks just awful- finger prints etc...
    But at the pace that I move, I will be lucky if it gets done before next Christmas!!!!!!

Back to you Jackie. My sister has SAD (that is the name, I think?)
    the seasonally somethinged depression. Yes she says that the sun lamps help. I did read an article about it recently and they recommended that you get out for 1/2 hour sometime in the morning of each day to set your biological clock. I know that you love the "Y" but maybe during fall/winter you could try that.
    And of course good nutrition and vitamins help. You should be eating high quality protein (meat, dairy, fresh fish, eggs according to the article) and limiting caffeine. The B vitamin group is good for proper nervous system function- do you take vitamins?

I am glad that you were doing well today with your eating! You have lost this weight before, and it will come off again. (remember, Hotbuns?) So keep posting- and give Dh a big hug for being a sweetheart and repainting! (you deserve it for being a good wife!)
    I gotta go- I have to go to work tomorrow and have some finishing touches to put on some stuff for there.
    Take care and have a great nite!
    Ginny
  • Hello, All!

Today is a little bit better day for me. I went shopping this a.m. & found a pair of jeans that fit pretty good in the first 5 minutes I was in the store. (Walmart!) I've been staying OP today & actually am below my WW pt. range. I'm a little behind on drinking my water though. Ginny: Thanks for the e-mail, I really appreciated it. Where is everyone else lately? I sure do miss the rest of you. Well, if I'm planning on getting any work done today, I'd better close for now. Take care everyone!

**Jackie**
  • Hiya!!!!!!
    I agree with Jackie, where is everyone!!!!!!!!!! My constant rambling must be scaring everyone away!
    Oh well, today I went to work, so I am a bit ragged at the moment. It is also PMS week for me, and that does drag me out a bit. I have had an ok day "op"- I have probably pushed my points limit ( I am not sure how many points my shepard's pie would be, but I did behave myself with the portion!). I am off for a walk in a few minutes, to burn off some stress and maybe some blubber too!

Jackie, congrats on ghe jeans!!!!! As for me, I basically buy Lee, they fit my bizarre figure and being that I still dress for camoflague effect (gotta cover up all that blubber!) then I am not that picky about it either. I am a long way from tucking in without a vest or oversweater to hide a bit!

Gotta get those walking shoes on! You never know what trouble I might cause after I get pumped up by my walk!

Have a great nite!
    Ginny
  • Good morning!!!!!!!!!
    Well, it is Wednesday,which for me has become weigh in day (Halloween was a Wednesday, and I weighed in the day before Thanksgiving for the Thanksgiving Day Challenge.)
    Sooo- I lost 3 pounds, and am now down to 164.5 pounds. Ok- still a lot to go here, ideally 35 (but I would be thrilled with 30) but progress none the less.

Gotta go run some errands. I had a really great time on the phone with a friend last nite- got a walk in then and another one this morning. Have a great day!
    Ginny
    Sorry this is so short............will check in later.
  • Hello!

Well....so far, so good for me today. After I get done posting this, I'm planning on making myself another WW meal for lunch. I will then officially have made it half way thru my day & staying OP!! It's kind of funny-my first salutation line to you all almost read: "So far, so fat!" It was a typo error, but had to laugh because it's so true for me! I'm sure I'm a little bit lighter today though, but still afraid to hop on the scale. I know I'm losing, but in the wrong places, my boobs! Oh...a sailers dream, a sunken chest! (Had to throw a little humor in there!) Today has been a challenge for me to stay away from the munchies, but I have been successful & have not given in. Wish me luck! Ginny: I see you made it below 165, GOOD FOR YOU! You go girl! Glad to see that your dedication & walks are paying off for you. Can you rub some of your motivation off on me? I'm at least staying in my point ranges, thank goodness! I might go for a walk if it stops raining. Glad that you enjoyed your evening last night!

Well, I'm really getting hungry & after that it's back to the grind stone again. Until later, take care everyone. Oh!, and by the way....just don't lurk here, come join us!

Bye!
    **Jackie**
  • Good Morning !!!!!!!!!!
    Jackie- I hope that your day ended as well as it began yesterday!
    Which of the WW entrees is your favorite? I had the ravioli for dinner- to keep me away from the stuffed shells that I made for the rest of the family! And it worked.........
    I am off to a good start today, eating is fine and I got my walk in, despite the rain.

Ok, Jackie- you want motivation??????? Well I can threaten you that I will start walking to your house now (should take me 3 months, how many activity points is that ) and personally annoy you! Just have a pot of tea ready for me and I will be a happy camper!
    Alright, so my humor is not so good today. I am off to Bible study. I'll check in again later. Have a great day!
    Take care,
    Ginny
  • Hi!
    This thread is so quiet! Where is everyone! Today has been busy, and will end up that way too. Kids needed transportation all over the place. I was a good girl, had my water bottle at my side and an apple for when hunger struck. No fries or junk!
    Today it looks doubtful for a walk, just too much going on.
    Gotta go Dd needs a ride to the mall (do I want to do this???? )
    Have great nite and weekend!
    Ginny
  • Good Morning!!!
    Sooooooooo quiet here................
    I am off to an early start. Dh is taking the day off so that we can go Christmas shopping with for the kids. I hope to have a good day with him and that our moods mesh well. I ended up this weekend doing ok as far as staying OP. One minor mess up yesterday, but I should be able to get back under control today.
    Gotta go and have my water and make breakfast for the gang. Have a great day!
    Ginny
  • Hello again!
    Well, we got some Christmas shopping done today- and not much else. My eating kind of fell apart at the end of the day- just too much stress...............and "mom" got tired of cleaning up after the 4 mam wrecking crew that dominates my house!!!!!!
    At the end of this week is Dd's 6th birthday party and I have a ton of stuff to do between now and then. It is going to be a tough week, from what I can see.
    Well, I gotta go get some more work done. Hope Y'all have a good nite. Sorry for sounding so negative- tomorrow will be better! Take care.
    Ginny
  • Let's see if my post shows up today!
  • One last try & then I'm going to try & go back to sleep!

Ah Huh! I finally showed up, well....at least my posts did! The only unfortunate thing about it is: I'm too tired to post right now. I'll sum it up in a nut shell, okay? I've been doing pretty well staying OP & drinking my water. I'm having a hard time fitting in the exercise though. I did feel a little bit thinner yesterday, so I decided to try on my old pair of jeans that were too small.
    They fit! (A little too tight, but they fit!) I'm to the point that I don't have to try & tuck my belly around the zipper anymore! I'm going to wait a little bit longer before wearing them though. Guess what else? I got brave & hopped on the scale. It didn't look too bad! I'm finally down to only a 7# gain from the 20# I lost last year. 7# more to go & I'll be back down to where I was around the time I went to HI. It feels so good that I passed up a chance to buy a box of chocolate covered cherries! (I told myself: Don't you dare, or you'll blow it!) So...I'll wait 'til I have company coming & then they can share the box with me! Well, I'm pretty tired, :sleep: so I'll close for now. **Jackie**
  • Good morning!
    Hey there Jackie, great to hear from you. Congrats on the weight loss, whatever the amount! I am proud of you and so happy for you. The biggest accomplishment in my book is that you picked yourself up and moved on and got back on program. That can be so hard to do.
    I am at work, so this will be it for me for now. Got off to a good start- got a 25 min walk in, and have been "op" so far. Gotta do some work and drink some water though! Have a great day.
    Ginny