Summer Meltdown

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • days 3-6 there are starches. But how would you adjust this for the green plan? I get 2 proteins, 2 S, 1 Dairy, 2 Veggies & 2 Fruits.
    I really want to give this a try!!!
  • If you read Lettie's post again, you'll see that the week of the TO consist of 2 day TO, and the rest is following your regular plan using SlimDown & JetStarts. If you do the Slim Down/Slim Fast, they count as 1S & 1P. The JetStart counts as 1D & 1F. So on the days you are having Slim Down and JetStarts, you will have 1P, 1S, 2 V & 1 Fr left to consume. Does that make sense? I'm no expert. I am just explaining of how I read Lettie's post...
  • Yes, That does make sense now. I didn't know that the Jetstart counted as
    1D & 1F-that is where I think I was getting confused. Thanks for explaining it to me!!
  • Quote: Is there a substitution for jetstart?
    I am going to substitute a Slim-Fast Optima drink for the Jet Start. Here are the info on each. I like the taste of both drinks but I am a coffee lover. If you don't like the coffee taste you could substitute another slim-fast flavor.

Slim-Fast Optima
    Cappuccino Delight
    325mL (11oz)

180 calories
    6g total fat
    2g sat fat
    0g transfat
    0.5g polyunsaturated fat
    3.5g monounsaturated fat
    5mg cholesterol
    200mg sodium
    600mg potassium
    25g total carbohydrate
    5g dietary fiber
    18g sugars
    10g protein

LA Weightloss
    JETSTART NUTRITIONAL ENERGY BEVERAGE
    FRENCH ROAST 236ml (8oz)

Calories 150
    Total Fat 3g
    Saturated fat 2g
    Trans fat 0g
    Cholesterol 15mg
    Sodium 180mg
    Potassium 450mg
    Total Carbohydrate 26g
    Dietary Fiber 5g
    Sugars 20g
    Protein 8g

Jetstart does have a higher percentage of these vitamins compared to Slim-Fast Optima Cappuccino Delight:
    Thiamin
    Riboflavin
    Niacin
    Vitamin B6
    Vitamin B12
    Biotin
    Panthonic acid
    I guess that's why it's labeled "energy beverage."
  • Lettie,
    Thank you so much for posting the information on the summer meltdown. It is just what I needed.
  • Jet Start counts as 1D & 1FR.

I think I dropped the R on the FR.....

And you're welcome!

Oh, and I'm not sure of JetStart substitute... I did notice at Walmart and Kroger's they have a breakfast drink that looked like the packinging of the JetStart, but I haven't had the chance of comparing them...
  • no problem,
    I am on day 2 of the melt down. down, 2 lbs already but was up so it just put me back where I should be, 209.6 I hope to get further with this second day of TO and then hit the meltdown portion.

off to work!
  • Okay then....just erased all of what I wrote somehow!! I am doing a summer meltdown too using subs for the TO and SD. I have 6 weeks til my beach trip and I really need to melt something before I put on a bathing suit!!
  • Quote: Okay then....just erased all of what I wrote somehow!! I am doing a summer meltdown too using subs for the TO and SD. I have 6 weeks til my beach trip and I really need to melt something before I put on a bathing suit!!

oooooh yummy! Subway Subs or homemade........

hee hee
  • EAS—Myoplex Lite
    Cappucino

calories 170
    fat 2
    Cholesterol 10
    Sodium 390
    Potassium 200
    Carbohydrate 20
    Dietary Fiber 5g
    Sugars 1
    Protein 20

Has anyone tried the EAS? I like the numbers--except the sodium everything else looks good.
  • What can I substitute the JetStart with?? I cant find Starbucks Frapp LITE...just regular...I will keep looking but I need to come up with a plan B....the EAS...is that what was just posted seems so high in protein....HELP!
  • Yes--on the EAS--my walmart only had the Myoplex Lite in choc. fudge and vanilla but the numbers are the same as those posted above. Except the choc. fudge I bought had the same potassium as the jetstart. The downfall is the sodium, but the upside (and enough for me) is the sugar and protein. I won't try the EAS until Thursday, so it may taste like ick--I'll keep you posted.

You can also sub a dairy and a fruit for the Jetstart (I am pretty sure)--which is definitely my plan B.
  • I think the EAS tastes like ick. it is too protein shake-ish for me. nothing like the jetstart.
  • great--now I haven't even tried them and want to return them! I'll make a decision today since I can always do yogurt and fruit in the mornings. Otherwise I will put them in the freezer and chug them really cold like we did way back when we tried the Metabolife shakes--barf!
  • well don't mean to turn you off on them before you even try. but I bought one four pack two weeks ago and never did finish them. I am going for the dairy and fruit smoothie.