i think im opposite anorexic . . . lol

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • YOU KNOW HOW ANOREXIC PEOPLE ARE LIKE STICKS BUT SEE COWS. I DONT SEE FAT WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR. BUT WHEN I SEE A PICTURE OR VIDEO OF ME THATS WHEN IM LIKE " WHAT THE " WHEN DID THAT GET THERE. . . ISNT THAT STRANGE . I THINK THATS WHATS BEEN HOLDING ME BACK . THERES A PROBLEM AND I GUESS IM SO USED TO IT , I DONT EVEN SEE IT ANYMORE. .. . HMMMMMMMM
  • i admire women like yourself.. how they can be so confidence with the way they look that they just flaunt what they got and work it some people may say that your lying to yourself ect but i say its pure confidence.
  • wow pinup thanks!!! i didnt see it like that. . . . i do get down on myself every now and then like everyone else. you know what i tell myself though. . . i see skinny girls, and i say if a were a guy i would want something to hold on too. someone womanly with curves and meat. thats what a lady is supposed to look like. not like models , they look like 12 year old boys. my boyfriend is obsessed with my thick thighs. he says they are perfect , its what makes a woman a woman your beautiful!!!!
  • Oh my gosh, I'm the exact same way!! I'm totally happy with myself when I look in the mirror, but then in pictures I'm like, "WHAT HAPPENED?!"
    That's why I've been so content with myself. The fact that I'm fat doesn't really bother me, and that makes it really hard to stick to exercising and eating right sometimes. It's been holding me back too!!
    But my main concern is my health, which is why I'm working on losing some weight now. I just want to be healthy.
  • squish!!!! ha ha i thought i was alone !!!! nice to know im not, i thought i was weird. were cute!!!! but i have the same reasons , i need to get healthy. but it is so hard to commit yourself to something you dont really want to . or try to fix something that in your eyes isnt broken huh? lol so strange. .. .
  • Thats very inspiring...I don't think I could EVER see myself like that. I get upset a lot because I hate what I see in the mirror, and you're kind of amazing.

Wowza
  • Wow. I am the exact same way. Whenever I look in the mirror, I think to myself. I don't look fat at all. I actually look nice. And then someone takes a picture of me and then I see myself and I'm dumbstruck.

That's really what's held me back from losing weight. Liking myself in the mirror too much, even at 250 lbs. Lol.
  • Haha, I'm the same way! I think it's because when I look in a mirror I can twist myself around to my best angles, and focus on what I like. When I see a picture, I don't get to manipulate how I see me!

And I agree that women look better when they're not stick-thin; I've always felt that the Marilyn Monroes and Kate Winslets are 100x sexier than the Sara Jessica Parkers and Kate Mosses.
  • cousin thanks so much. . . . you should see yourself that way. im sure your b-e-a utiful . i can tell from your pic
  • I feel the same way. When I look in the mirror I think "not bad at all!" But in my case I think it's more denial than confidence, lol!
  • lol wisher .. . . . that might have been how it all started out . **** i dont know anymore! . . . haha but i definetly have those days too
  • today was the same. i felt all beautiful then . . . oh boy. i dont like pictures. and why does everyone like to take them so damn much . . . .geez
  • i think im starting to see the real me now. i dont like it one bit. need motivation, i just cant seem to get started. . .
  • lol funny, i mean i see myself as fat because I am but I dont realize just HOW big I really am until I see pics or videos. I think it is just as bad as the skinny girls who see themselves bigger though. I think that is why I have gotten as big as I have because I have an awesome hubby who thinks I am sexy even though I am fat and I dont think I look like I weigh as much as I do until I see a pic. It is really a sucky way to see things lol
  • I'm the opposite: when I see pictures of myself, I think, "Wow, I actually look pretty good. And not fat. Amazing." I've been told I'm fairly photogenic, though.

I am sometimes ok with what I see on the mirror, though any time I see myself on video, I want to throw up! I HATE the way I look on video - the film camera doesn't add 10 pounds to me (that I know of), but I feel like the video camera adds 20! AND for some reason, it always seems to accentuate my double chin that isn't even that prominent in daily life unless I'm sitting funny.