Insulin resistant beachers?

• Just curious, how many of you here are insulin resistant?
  • I am. I take 1,500 mg of metformin (glucophage) daily.
  • Same here. My HA1C is now perfect at 6.
  • I haven't had any bloodwork done since I started in October. I was never actually tested for it at all--my Dr. put me on it and said that she could tell by my bodies reaction to it that I indeed had it. I never had a period on my own...I would go like 6 months without one. Since starting met I have been pretty much like clockwork, with the exception of this month...which is late and making me paranoid!
  • Yes, I am insulin resistant. Fortunately, I've not needed to go on any medication, but gaining weight was very very easy and losing is very very slow! I gained 42 pounds from October 2005 to November 2006...just over a year. I'm very happy to find a diet that finally works for me. Southbeach is awesome!
  • My blood work doesn't show it, but my body type does -- all the fat is in the middle!! Also both my parents are now on glucophage, so it's only a matter of time before it catches up with me. This is one of the reasons I am so worried about not losing the weight this time... I'm 43 and I might be running out of time.