How much time do you exer ea. day...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
View Poll Results: How many minutes do you exercise each day??? (Avg)
0 minutes
2.17%
≤20 minutes
6.52%
≈30 minutes
19.57%
≈45 minutes
34.78%
≈60 minutes
21.74%
≈75 minutes or more!
15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I average about 45 mins every day. I exercise every day. My shorter days are about 35 minutes, my longer days are near 2 hours.
  • Thanks y'all.
    Wow! Thanks for all of you answering and adding comments on your actual exercising habits! I'm so glad I posted this poll! Because it shows me how important exercising really is to get this weight loss thing moving (which I already knew but didn't really think about).

From my Statistics classes I see the data is skewed towards the right ( I hated stats! ) Sorry, just trying to be silly...the-bump-of-most votes is over the 45-60mins options that tells me alot! I will definitely make my goal to be in 45-60 range and work my way up to that 75-90min mark. I know it doesn't have to be everyday, but I realize how important how regular exercising needs to be. If I do what all you people are doing I'll definitely be on my way down that ticker!

I do go on hikes with my boyfriend and those probably are 1-2hrs depending on the weather and what we feel like, but that's only about 2x month. But since I do that I can keep that incorporated into the exercising I plan to add in to my daily/weekly routine. And when I have exercised in the past, I have done my weights and cardio (usually a TM or Elliptical) in the same day, I really liked that then my "off" weight day I could do whatever cardio I wanted.

Well, thanx again for all the input, it has given me alot to think about! It's inspiring and motivating! I would like to learn more about what people do and I'm sure I will because I plan to utilize this board more often.

But I just wanted to say that I clicked on Meg's before & after pictures link and..."Holy crapola!" That's all I could think when I saw that! Only 11 months and you looked like you'd been training all your life! You, Meg, have just given me the biggest dose of hope that I think I ever have had about me losing this weight. After I read that I had to pee and(I know, T.M.I., but..) as I rushed into the bathroom I glanced at myself with a giant smile and thought that could be me next summer! I stepped on the scale 2 days ago and weighed the most I ever have! I decided enough is enough and I don't want to get any fatter, I want to lose the fat! So I'll be glad to see you all around as I finally do this thang!
  • i do about 60 minutes 5 days a week , about 25 on the cross trainer , 15 on the bike , 10 on the treadmill and then the rest I do weights..... some days I do more as I have a boxercise class every thursday .
  • Thanks for your kind words, Sunny! I truly believe that exercise was a huge part of what got me to goal quickly and what keeps me there five years later. Not only does it help with a calorie deficit, but it got me back in touch with my body and it just feels good.

But I'm an old lady -- you, my dear, are going to look BETTER than me next summer!!