Maintainers Chat - Week of May 7 - 13

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning! I'm late for the gym but the birds are singing and it's going to be a beautiful day. I'll be back later but I just wanted to get us started on a great week!
  • Hi, we're having a very stormy day here.

I kept my grandson's yesterday. They are so sweet and cute. I just love them to pieces. It breaks my heart that their parents are so screwed up. Even their dad, that I had trusted to take good care of them, is failing miserably. My DH is so worried about the kids and so am I. I pray everyday that these parents get their act together and keep it that way for the sake of these small children.

On a happier note, I noticed yesterday that my hair is starting to seem thicker and shinier. I'm guessing it's from my new healthy way of eating and the decrease in so many of my med's. I used to have quite a lot of hair loss when I was on Atkins and on more med's, but not anymore.

I just finished paying my monthly bills. Wow this month is just as expensive as Christmas. We have my DD's birthday, one SD's birthday, one SD's high school graduation, youngest grandson's birthday plus boat and car tags due. Plus a large medical bill on me that we agreed to pay a 50% cash settlement on. Here's hoping that June gets here soon. LOL. I can see already that DH is gonna have to work a lot of overtime this month.
  • This is my first post in the maintainers chat. Any way I have started a new job and it is hard as you know what to work all day and then come home and work out. I tried working out before work last week and that just did not work for me, so late afternoons I guess will have to work.
    I hope everyone has a good week.
    Terrie
  • Hi gals! I'm having one of those "Calgon, take me away" days (am I dating myself?). First off, I got to the office and DH says to start calling all the recycling places--we had been broken into during the weekend and about $10,000 of extruded aluminum was stolen. We were hoping that the thieves had turned it into a recycling center and we could just buy it back. I called places for a hundred mile radius and nothing. So now I have to deal with a police report and insurance claim. This is our 3rd break-in in as many months.

Then, I had a meeting for a big party we're throwing at the end of the month. It was to go over little details here and there for the party. The group we are throwing the party FOR was included in the meeting and gosh, they're getting more and more nit-picky. I don't know why people can't just be agreeable!

So I'm back to my office, it's half past noon and I'm so stressed my appetite is gone. I seriously doubt that I'll be forgoing the wine tonight!

Welcome, getting smaller!!!
  • Welcome Terrie! You'll settle into a good workout routine with the new job. It has to be a priority so you can keep off all those pounds you fought so hard to get rid of. Congrats on making your goal.

Allison - what kind of business do you have? Sorry to hear about the theft.

Lily - my hair falls out from time to time from one of the meds I'm on. It's one of the reasons I cut my long hair short last summer. I was so tired of picking a hundred long hairs off the back of whatever I was wearing.

Last night we went to the Mexican restaurant for my neighbor's bday and I ate the chips and the guacomole and the cake even though I had promised myself I would not. Time to get back on Plan.
  • Quote:
    Allison - what kind of business do you have? Sorry to hear about the theft.
    DH and I own a glazing subcontractor business. We specialize in high-end custom home construction (windows, doors, metal finishes, mirrors, etc.). I just got done with the police report, called a fencing company to get an estimate on installing razor wire around the 6 foot brick wall, and copying all the invoices to submit a claim to the insurance company.
  • Welcome Terrie, Congrat's on making your goal.

Allison, I'm very sorry to hear about the theft. That is terrible that you would have to put up razor wire on top of a brick fence to try to keep thieves out. I think I'd be tempted to put a Rottweiler or Doberman inside the fence..

Carolyn, I have also had to get back on track after a rather high cal. day yesterday. I hear my treadmill calling my name.
  • Terrie-Welcome

Lily-I hate months where everything comes due at once. Ours is always September.

Allison-I'd be pulling my hair out. Sorry you're having so much stress.

The week is off to a good start but gets really busy. I need to be diligent about having healthy snacks in the car or I'll be grabbing fast food because I'll be starving. On the bright side, I tried one of McDonald's asian salads with grilled chicken and it wasn't bad. At least it's an option, though the smell of french fries through the window was mighty tempting.
  • Good morning maintainers!!! Today is a new day!!!!

Lily~actually I thought of a dog, but I'm afraid of the liability if someone gets bitten and what do we do with the dog during the day (we have to keep the gate to the yard open because it is the parking lot that we share with the landscaping company next door). I think razor wire will be enough of a deterrent that it should stop this annoyance. (Ok, it's more than an annoyance, but it's all in the past and I'm over it--I think!)

Joy~actually the stress from that was a nice diversion. I completely lost my appetite (but I ate anyway--just not any snacks). My scale is down a pound due to that! I guess this stress it what I need right now! In my last job, the stress was different--it wasn't personal stress it was overall stress and it made me think of things to do to stay away from my desk and that usually meant hanging out in the breakroom and eating. Then I'd come home and self-medicate my stress by drinking too much wine. That's why my last stress helped cause my weight loss.

Anyway, I have a much better attitude today. I ate the same breakfast today as yesterday (berries and a ww muffin) and will have the same salad for lunch (romaine with shrimp and surimi with cocktail sauce as the dressing) and am having a salad for dinner (southwest chicken salad). I feel great and think that I'm back on the losing track!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
  • Lisa - I've been wondering if the new Mexican salad at McD's is as good as it looks in the ads. Let us know if you try that one.

DH didn't get the job he was hoping for after last week's interview. He's been great spirit wise, but I know it's going to take a toll soon. He did have a call back last week to a firm that's choosing between three candidates so his odds might be better. Again, all the jobs have been up in NYC rather than Philly. I really don't want to be apart from him during the week again. I've gotten very used to him being home.

Yesterday, I was back to my normal eating. Tomorrow morning is weigh in so I'm going to be 'good' today as well.
  • Hi ladies, I weighed this morning and am still holding steady at 147. I think I'm back in my routine again for now. Last night I went to bed at 9PM and didn't wake up til 9AM, I just felt so exhausted. I feel great now after all that sleep.

We're going shopping later to get my DD a cell phone for her birthday.

We are having a lot of rain and storms here. My garden looks totally flooded. My MIL came by yesterday, she said my plants will be fine and perk right back up after they get some sunshine.

Carolyn, sorry your DH didn't get the job he wanted. My DH is still toying with the idea of a career change. But, so far , no change.

DH's XW called last night and wanted him to discourage his 14 yr. old DD from wanting to live with us. He said "NO, I want her here". I guess the two of them will end up battling this out. His DD calls crying all the time and absolutely hates living with her mom in Las Vegas. She had always grown up here in a small town and loves it here. Anyway, the XW slammed the phone down and hung up on him, like she always does. Real mature, Huh. (I really got myself in for a fine mess marrying a man with an XW and 4 kids, huh).
  • Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everybody. My exercise is back on track after almost a month layoff, and my eating is about 50/50 (one good day, one bad), so that is pretty normal for me. It is starting to get hot here, rattlesnakes are emerging.

Anne
  • Carolyn I've had the Southwest Salad and its wonderful! You get your choice of grilled marinated ( in a lime juice & cilantro ) or breaded aka fried chicken. No brainer on which to choose there eh

But if I may make a suggestion on the dressing go for Paul Newmans "Seaseme Ginger" absolutely fantastic and only 2.5 grams of fat. Its my new favorite! I had to go to the store and purchase that pricey little bottle. Makes it easier knowing part of the proceeds go to a good cause. For me, this one out weigh's the one they usually serve with the salad for all the right reasons.
  • Hi everyone, yesterday evening after the rain finally stopped, we went outside and watched my DD do her color guard routine. She is trying out this yr. for color guard. (If anyone remembers, last yr. she went to the week of practice and then was too chicken to go to the tryout). She is doing great with it and I hope she makes the team. She is so much more confident this time. I'm proud of her.

When I asked last night if she wanted to take a long walk with me. She said "sure". So, we went for a walk together and she twirled her flag the whole way. (LOL). We walked a mile along the road, to the creek. We are having so much rain that the creek had risen to the top of the bridge. I am worried about flooding since we are forecasted for continued flash floods for 3 more days. (some areas have already been evacuated). If the creek rises much more, I'll have to decide whether to get on the 2nd floor of our deck or just get in the boat. (LOL).

I got on my treadmill and walked another mile later last night and then got in the floor and did my leg and abdominal routine. I wasn't enthusiastic about all the exercise, but I did it anyway. Of course after doing it, I was glad that I did.
  • Today was weekly weigh in day and I'm now one pound away from my secret wish goal of 105! I'm going to keep my ticker at my goal weight of 110, because I've never been able to sustain 105 for more than a few months.

Yesterday, I posted on the Spring Clothes thread that I received the Eddie Bauer size 4 shorts I ordered for a $1.50 on eBay. They arrived with the tags still on them. When I tried them on again this morning with a belt at waist level, they really looked too big. I can get by wearing them on my hips for around the house. But it made me mad because size 4 really should fit me and not be too big. Then for fun, I tried on the shorts I wore last summer and buttoned and zipped, they fell right off me.

Today, I'm going over to Goodwill and drop off a bunch of DH's shirts. While there, I'll see if they have anything that fits. I am SO ready for DH to go back to work so I can go clothes shopping. I've been wearing the 2 pairs of pants that fit for the past several months and am ready for a change.

Lily - a week or so ago you asked for help getting rid of your ticker. Since I just adjusted mine, I can talk you through it.

Click on User CP
    Click on Edit Signature
    Scroll down to the Edit Signature box
    Erase the tracker code that looks like this:

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] /160/110/106/.png

Scroll down to below the Signature Pictures box
    Click on the Save Signaturebutton