Sick and tired of veggies!

• I've been OP on Flex since Sept and have really enjoyed a variety of foods. The past few days I ran into a snag - for some reason, I'm just getting sick and tired of veggies. I eat a huge variety of them, prepared in many different ways, so it's not like I'm in a rut. But for some reason, absolutly NONE of them seem appealing to me lately.

Any advice?
  • yep....eat them anyway!
  • put a little kick into your veggies -- try some new spices -- bbq a batch and then have the leftovers heated up the next day for lunch. Put veggies in a frittata, or load them up in a chili filled with various types of beans. Stir fry veggies with balsamic vinegar --- gives it a really nice taste. Are you having the same kind of veggies all the time when you eat? Jicama? Spaghetti squash? asparagus? Check out different ethnic recipes and you'll find some interesting vegetables. Okra is difficult to find here in our stores, but I found an Indian store that carries it as a staple vegetable -- great in soups and curries!
  • Soups are great! I find that to bulk up the meal, I will double the amount of non-starchy veggies in my recipes - this kind of "hides" them because I'm not a big veggie fan to start with. Salads are indeed the bane of my existance, unfortunately, so I have to hide as many as I can in my meals. Good luck - I feel your pain....
  • Every time I look in the fridge, I close it b/c I'm just not interested.
    It's not fun to cook right now. I guess it's a meal fixing slump?
    Think I'll try the spice them up idea. I just remembered I have spagetti squash in the fridge. I can add it to my leftover pizza marzetti.
    Thanks. (add pizza toppings to leftover marzetti(pasta, hamberger, tomatos{sauce or juice} to taste) Bake till bubbly. I like it plain and the guys like it pizzaed.
  • I like to make a bbq veggie pizza.......whole wheat pizza crust, 1/2 cup bbq sauce, 1 & 1/2 cup chicken breast, 1 cup mozzeral cheese, and an abundance of stir fry veggies such as red onion, peppers, squash, and cabbage and whatever else I may have on hand. It makes 6 slices at 6 pts. on WW and a yummy way for me to get in extra veggies.
  • Cut back to the minimum 5 combo servings of fruits and veggies that is only about 2 1/2 cups worth of food. Do this until you feel you wanna eat them again.