scale problems, can you help me?

• i dont know if its just me being shocked at the fact that i might be gaining weight or if it is really a problem with my scale. i dont know about the rest of you but i have always weighed less in the mornings after going to the restroom. well everytime i weigh now, my scale says the same thing day and night. not even an ounce difference! that had never happened to me before. also, how can it be that when my sister weighs in she weighs one thing and then i will get on there and i will weigh the same exact weight she did.. can anyone recommend a good scale i can buy at walmart or help me figuere out if its just me being paranoid and the scale isnt lying.
  • If your scale is digital, have you tried changing the batteries? When they get low, the scale often gets screwey.
  • it is digital, i will try changing the batterys again (i did it like a month ago.)
  • Thanks for the tip about the batteries. Mine is doing the EXACT same thing! I was wondering how I could be the same thing in the AM and PM.
  • You could try putting some hand weights or 10 pound bag of flour on it and see what it reads.
  • I have been getting a lower reading later in the day, how can this be?
  • Sometimes people do weigh less later in the day! The important thing, if you're tracking your weight, is always to weigh at about the same time of day if you can.

Jay
  • Yep-you shouldn't be scale hopping. It fluctuates all through the day-depending on your bathroom visits, meals and drinks, and so on and so forth.