Sweet Potato "Fries"

• Someone, not too long ago, mentioned how they baked a sweet potato fry in the oven....there were seasonings and such. I'm sure I could play around and guess but if you already know what is good would you please post again? I'm going to have some at lunchtime today!

Thanks!
  • For sweet potato "fries", you can use any seasonings you like really.

I personally like salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.

They are also pretty good plain
  • I like to use either a little sea salt or Lowry's Seasoned Salt. Good luck!
  • I'd try them with cajun seasoning.

How do people cook them? Do they slice them, dry them, coat them with a small amount of oil, and bake them?
  • I just usually slice them up into fry shape, spray some pam on a baking pan, spread them out and bake.
  • I usually slice them into the traditional "french fry" shape, spray LIGHTLY with cooking spray and sprinkle on the seasonings.
  • I agree with everyone else...cut like fries (or any shape really) and spray with a little cooking spray and then bake, until they look good! I bake them on parchment paper and at a fairly high temperature, maybe 425. They are delicious plain. I usually sprinkle just a bit of salt. Enjoy!
  • Thanks everyone! I cut them like regular fries, tossed them with a little olive oil and Tony Cachere cajun seasoning, and they're in the oven now along with some asparagus tossed with garlic powder. I'm going to eat both with a black bean Morningstar Farm veggie burger. I think it's going to be my best lunch yet!
  • If you have leftovers wrap 'em up for tomorrow. I love the sweet potatoe fries cold the next day.
  • Oh my gosh, they were the best thing I've ever had! There are NO leftovers. I ate the entire potato. I can not believe that qualifies as having eaten a vegetable!!!!
  • I posted a recipe not long ago for Spicy Sweet Potatoes. You put 1 tsp. olive oil, 1/8 tsp. cayenne, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper, and 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon in a bag, add 3/4 lb. sweet potatoes cut into 16 wedges and coat them well. Bake at 500 degrees for 15-20 min. in the lower 1/3 of the oven, turning 1/2 through. They're delicious!
  • cayenne pepper is very good for diet. as it's the ingredient used in master cleanse diet. so use cayenne pepper and sea salt.

but your way of cooking with cajun and olive oil is sure more delicious than mine