21 Days to Beat a Rut ... Day 18

• Since I've found daily and/or meal planning threads and so on very encouraging let's try this. 21 days. Set you own parameters. I'm not even setting a goal. I just need to kick things up a bit. Stir up some enthusiasm.

There's no good reason for me to have an off plan day in 3 measly weeks. Is there?
    Here's my general plan ...1400 cals of superfoods with 150 gms of protein (on average), some jogging in each daily walk and a four day weight lifting split with heavier weights.

Anybody in? It's only three weeks. Who knows what kind of new habits we can form!

And it doesn't matter if you're a day or 2 or 7 behind just find the thread for day 21
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111258
    and begin. There will always be a link to the next day, so that you can progress along with everyone else.
  • Today, in my lunch bag I have salmon, green salad, ff cottage cheese and yogurt.
    I think I'll take a rest day from weights and walk/jog this evening.
  • Day 18 a.m.
    I think I've finally got this thread thing figured out (and I'm not even on my own computer!)

I always pack a lunch - eat in my car - and it's always the same. Easy to maintain calories/healthy foods that way. Adding in a sliced apple for the 2:30 crash is working really well. I couldn't eat a whole apple and drive at the same time so the slices are portable and consumable.

I used to get home around 4 - 4:30 p.m. and start snacking, waiting for DH to arrive so I could start making dinner. Now, with the apple under my belt I'm not starving when I get in the door.

So I've got my lunch, snack, and liquids for today, Day 18. I'm

Dagmar
  • I did well yesterday I forgot how nice it is to end dinner and still have 250 calories to play with. I love getting a bedtime snack without guilt. And yesterdays was great 2 pieces oroweat light WITH smartbalance AND jam and an oz of jarlsberg and tea. HEAVEN

NO BINGE!!

2/3 so far
  • Can I start over? I had a horrible day yesterday.......
  • Did my plan include a slice of pizza? I didn't think so.

Ya know Allison, you really can. Just go back to the first thread and 'do over'.
  • Day 18 p.m.
    Day went well until I lost my snack and replaced it with Doritos. The whole sordid tale is posted in the chat for the week.

Back OC (on challenge) for this evening

Dagmar
  • Dagmar--looks like we're both starting over!!! let's do it together!
  • Okey Dokey
    Quote: Dagmar--looks like we're both starting over!!! let's do it together!
    This could turn into the 221 day challenge if we have to start over every time . I guess that's the challenging part - not slipping so we don't have to have the "do over". I'm in - meet you at the 21 day thread tomorrow

Dagmar
  • Does anyone else find it interesting that so many of us slipped up on day 3 or 4? Hmmm.
  • Here's the link to the next day

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...22#post1680922

I did OK. Kinda lacking in enthusiasm tho'. 1200 cals and a short walk ....
  • Okay, we're only on day 18 and I'm already forgetting what day I'm on. But even if I can't remember the day, it was still right on plan! Woo-hoo.

And I ate totally awesome food. Lunch was my new favorite turkey, avocado, hummus, and cucumber sandwich. Dinner was something new--Carribbean jerk chicken with mashed plantains! So tasty for a mere 320 calories. It was also easy peasy to make; we'll definitely be having this again. And we have homemade strawberry sponge pudding for dessert (with homegrown strawberries, even).