30 something Wed May 2

• Good Morning Everyone

Hope all is well with you all. I made some enchiladas last night and tweeked my recipe and "oh my gosh" Ya we all over ate. Needless to say I could jog 10 miles and probably still not put a dent in the weight things after that meal. It was Yummy!

Have a great day everyone
  • Hey there Sheila ~ I love enchiladas! I have a great recipe too... can there really ever be enough cheese??? Cheese and bread are my two biggest weaknesses. Heaven:-).

I got my butt out of bed this morning and exercised! Woohoo!! Believe me, I did not want to but I knew that if I didn't I'd feel crappy all day long. I get angry at myself at making excuse after excuse when it comes to exercise. I only exercised on the machine downstairs for 20 minutes but I feel GREAT!
    DH is off today and we're going to go check out the kids new school for next fall. I'm so excited that it is within walking distance of the new house. Hope that everyone has a fabulous day ~ Joan
  • i was planning to get up this am and exercise...but unfortunately when i woke up i had a horrible migrane...god it scuks. So i slept in more. It is almost gone now, but my head is still pounding. So good for you joan for getting up to work out. I will probably do it this afternoon (if i ever loose the killer head ache). I too have a weakness for cheese. I love cheese. The enchiladas sound good shiela. Well, i'm off. Going to a friends house for a short bit.
  • Hey Joan glad you have the modivation to get moving I was going to but I have had so much going on with daycare and all. And ya wow cheese. I love to add pepper jack cheese to mine along with sharp cheese.

We found out last night one of our good friends well he has had cancer and did all his cemo treatments and yesterday he was to find out about his catscan. He in the mean time had become extremely abusive to his wife. She called me last night she left him. He told her if she ever left him he would kill her and bury her body where no one would ever find her. She spoke to her attorney and her folks helped her yesterday get out of town. Well in the mean time he gets home talks to her folks has no clue what has happened just tells them that the cemo didn't work and has 6 months to a year to live. She called me just crying. Honestly all I could do was listen but I think due to the change in him which by the way the doc kept telling her to be patient it is the meds, Have any of you ever heard a doc telling that to a spouse when they are getting the **** beat out of them? AnywayI guess if it was me I would want to hear it from the doctor and she also needs to think of her and the kids safety.

GG: I am sorry you have a headache trust me I know those things suck. You should try some lavendar oil or spearmint oil [health food store } Those work really well for me. Have fun at your friends house.

sheila
  • good morning all....well...i didnt lose but a few ounces this week when i weighed...kind of disappointed but also know its because i kind of slacked last week...so this week i am trying to get completely back into everything that has been working for me...

joan: good luck visiting the school...sounds so exciting

gg: hope you get rid of that headache soon...i only get migraines once in a great while...i dont know how people get rid of them, i get sick and go to sleep..thats the only thing that works for me...get better real soon

sheila: enchiladas...yummy...my absolute favorite food ever!

everyone else.....have a wonderful day!
  • Hey everyone-

Sheila -we are in Autumn about to go into Winter - hmmmm-enchildas mmmm yummy - now I feel hungry LOL... Sorry to hear about your friends.

Joan - I hope you do well in your garage sale- great work on the exercise- I love that buzz after it

Gatorgal- sorry to hear you had a headache -I hope you feel better

Hi Christina and everyone else who pops in today!!!

I had a pretty good day- work was work -no dramas unlike last week. My son was lovable , spent an hour in the pool at the gym doing an aqua class - I find the water so mentally refreshing even though I was breathless and sweaty in the water, came home tonight feeling energised cleaned my laundry from top to bottom, did some general tidying - and Im especially looking forward to tomorrow. I am having the day off work to get my freezer repaired under warranty - I will be childless - Liam will still be at daycare, so I will be able to get so much cleaning and tidying done, and if they come early enough I want to take advantage of going childless shopping and paying bills.

Enjoy your Wednesday -see you tomorrow!
  • i'm back...starting to feel better. Luckily i too only get migranes once in a blue moom...and luckily this one happened on my day off. The only thing that really works for me is sleep. So pretty much that's what i did all morning. I asked my friend if i could come over later tonight...and then slept for a few hourse. I'm almost back to normal. Hopefully after lunch i'll feel better.
    Sheila - i haven't heard meds doing that...but i do know that if he had a cancer of the brain...that could cause severe anger shifts. Altough..i'm not a human doc. Sorry to hear about your friend...that's got to be tough.
    mum - enjoy your day off with no kid...definately take advantage of that.
    alright all..think i'm going to make some lunch and see if i can get rid of this last little bit of headache...bye all
  • Sheila--Please post the recipe!!! I have a skinny hubby and child and will resist I promise!!! I love cheesy gooey stuff!!! (BTW--I never get offended )

Here is a pic of my daughter with the pet we are looking to get
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...6/136_3614.jpg

NOT REALLY!!!!! My DH hates pet dirt and really just tolerates animals..He would have a stroke!!!

GG-Hope the migraine is better..I took a mental day from work today..Didnt really feel too good, but decided my scrapbooks needed me..This is my first day alone in probably 4 yrs...Feels really weird and quiet..
    Mumtoliam--we had the same idea today!!

Christina--a few ounces is a few ounces and they do add up!!

Sheila--I have heard of patients doing that with brain metastasis..Is that where the cancer is??? I think the MD should mind is business..SHe needs to be there to keep her kids safe...

Ok--off to do nothing..I have "purged" the house of junk and now must go scrapbook!!!
    RR
  • Hello all. My kids slept in today and wow, was I thankful!!! I thought I was getting to bed early last night, but it was 11:30 when I laid down. Then Alex had a nightmare or something and I had to go lay with him for awhile. Then the baby woke up at 1:30. It felt awesome to sleep a little longer.

RR: I'm so jealous. I've got tons of scrapbooking to do, but I can't seem to get very far. I'm still working on the HI trip. And I've only got Cassie done to her 1 month birthday. And Alex done through last Sept. Yikes! I may never catch up.

I hope everyone is having a super great day!
  • hi everyone!

Last night I was very tempted to get Mc Donalds for dinner, I didn't feel like cooking and DH was working late, I thought about it, did take Sean the french fries were very tempting, I didn't even try them, I knew if I did I would not be able to stop, I ate a salad instead, they have a pretty good chicken salad, not as yummy as FF but so be it! I felt so much better, no guilt!!!
    I had a great work out today, I am thinking of getting the personal trainer again, I don't know thus not sure

GG I am glad your migraine is better, I get them "that time of the month" they do suck!

Christina every ounce counts!! good for you!!!

Sheila sorry about your friend, they kids safety and well being should come before anything else, in my opinion.
    I love enchiladas mmm.... with lots of cheese!

Mum enjoy your day!

Joan good luck with the school, have a great time with DH!

I am running, have a meeting for parents of bipolar parents, the lady that is hosting the meeting lives in a very exclusive neighborhood, I can't wait to see the house, LOL.... (Fairbanks Ranch, I think is part of Rancho Santa Fe)

I will check in later

Hanna
  • hey rr glad you got to enjoy the day
    karen - glad you got to sleep in
    happy - excellent will power, i don't know if i could have resisted.....love mcd's fries LOL
    My head is slowly coming back...stilll pounding but at least i was able to function some and pick up the house some. I don't think i'll be able to ride tonight however, the thought of riding with a splitting headache isn't fun.
    Hey MJ where are you - holds out a huge Dew to lure MJ out of her hiding place LOL
  • Hi girls,
    just a quick note to say "Hi I am still here and living my life" The (you may add your favourite 4-letter-word here) computer crashed again. I cannot save things, cannot download and couldn´t find my folders. I´d love to kick this thing but I am sure it will break down again
    Diet is going fine - I was at the gym again this morning and I was on the scale I think I lost a few pound. I have to check tomorrow morning on my own scale but I feel slimmer
    The exchange student is still over here we´ve got a lot of fun and the boys are talking to each other (!) but his visit keeps all of us very busy. He´ll go home on Friday.
    Take care - stay healthy!
    Kirsten *hysterically searching for cheap computers*
  • RR: I will post my enchiladas in the morning. They are sooooo good

Good Night everyone I hope you all had a wonderful day and hopefully Thursday is just as good if not better

sheila