30 Something Chat Tuesday May 1

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning all!! Thanks for the kudos!!!
    Joan--I have a high energy level anyway--esp now that I am on meds for Insulin Resistance..I am back to my old self and never stop until I hit the pillow...

Karen--Sorry about the cat!!! Sending big hugs!!!

Sheila--It is called trachial malacia---Very common unfortunately..Hope she is doing better...A bronchoscopy will determine how bad it is...
    Good morning all...
    K is sick with yet another ear infection--MD was not too concerned with her speech delay..says he sees it alot with kids with ear problems and she is very smart and understands everything and the speech will come..We are doing therapies etc so I just have to sit back and wait....
    Off to work..It is Nurses Week soo after the donut breakfast yesterday(not for me) and the heavy hor deurves(???) today--Glad I am on the welbutrin which takes away craving so I can resist it all!!!
    RR
  • RR: Oh thank you for letting me know the actual name all of it ends up beinbg foreign until I get used to it. So is it something that actually goes away. It sounds weird but for her being sick so much all these years that it would actually be something so simple.

Hopefully you got a nice rest. Do you take welbutrin for depression or smoking? I have a couple friends on it one for smoking and two for depression and two out of three of them have quit smoking.

Have a great day everyone
  • morning all.
    Hey rr - sorry about K and ear infection
    sheila - toy breeds have a tendency to have a collapsing trachea...i think its mostly due to genetic inbreeding. Nothing really happens (not like humans). They have a tendency to cough excessivly and seem to do better on harnesses than collars. But most don't have issues from it.
    morning hmwrk- sounds like you will be busy today...hey its sort of like exercise
    Nothing really exciting. Just got back from walking the dog...got an hour before work. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Happy Birthday to me!!!Hello all,

Karen, is a netti pot like a nose baday (sp???) I saw it on Oprah, and even though we don't have one I tried it ~ well I used a teapot. It really works!

MJ, whats up, I beat you here? Hope your day goes smoothly.

RR, give K a hug, its hard to have so many earaches.

Michelle, good luck getting the house in shape.

Lauren, hope mom is doing okay.

GG, and all the rest, .

Lisa
  • GG; Thanks for the early morning scare. I am reading along while eating my plum and see imbreeding. I about choked. Then I got to the part about not like humans. I was going holy smoke. my husband and I are so different. lol
  • Good morning everyone. I've gotten my daily chores done and I'm hanging on the couch with Alex. I'm bushed already. I've got to start getting more sleep at night. I don't know how to do that with Cassie. I may have to night wean. I wanted to wait until she was a year old, but she wants to nurse constantly when she is in bed with me. Then I'm a bear the next morning from lack of sleep.

RR: Good for you for resisting all the yummies! You are doing awesomely.

Michelle: Isn't it amazing how dirty the house can get? My big project is going to be cleaning all the windows. I tend to forget them, so it's been some time since they've been done. Notice that I haven't started yet, I'm just *thinking* about it !

Lisa: Yup, that's it. I will have to get my nerve up to try it. It just seems so gross!

GG and Sheila: Have a good day guys!!
  • karen, it really does work, I promise. Although I will admit that it feels kinda wierd. You feel clean all up and around in there. ~ Just don't use a teapot like I did.

Lisa
  • happy2be - kids birthday parties are always such hard work and now a sick child to top it off - I hope you get a chance to rest today.

Mer- WELCOME!!!!

Kerri - sorry to hear about your allergies and I hope you have a great time with you aunt and uncle

KarenK - sorry to hear about your poor cat! I hope you get to catch up on your sleep tonight!

Roadrunner - sorry to also hear that you have a sick child.

Michelle - good luck with the house straightening

Lisa - Happy Birthday!

Well I started off May pumped!!! I am doing the fitness challenge and I decided to step up the level on the treadmill, bike and arc trainer tonight at the gym. I was starting to feel the burn on the arc trainer but perserved so that was 5 less minutes to complete in the challenge. Great idea - it committed me to working out tonight considering it was 9 degress celsius here tonight -weather for curling up on the lounge or snuggling under the covers in bed. LOL
  • This morning, I got my cast removed, and let me tell you, that after almost 6 weeks of surgeries and wraps and casts and bandages, walking around my office in my own two shoes (and a brace but HEY! I can take it off) is the best feeling in the world!! My whole way of thinking about moving has been changed and I really do count it a blessing now. I am so glad to be allowed to be a part of this group. You are all so supportive of one another, and I think it must really help, because I now feel accontable, even though I have only been here a few weeks. Thanks ladies! You all do so much, without ever really knowing!
  • Hi All,

Nose stuff....my doc gave me a sample of saline rinse that you pour in one nostril and it comes out the other...great stuff! Try it...I hate nasal sprays and stuff, but this works!

Karen, soo sorry about the kitty. I had to do the same thing with my old, old cat years ago. She was almost 17, down to 4.5 lbs. and going through the same stuff. You did the right thing.

Gotta run and take mom to Lowes to look at bathroom sinks.
  • Morning Girls!

Hey, where has the Rooster in the Hen House been hiding??? Haven't heard from him in a while. Also, miss the peppy morning note from Melinda. Come back to us little jelly filled donut.

It's been a good morning on this end. I'm packing up stuff, which involves a whole lot of tossing out or giving away to charity. I am not a packrat at all and yet can't believe how stuff accumultes. My neighbor is having a huge garage sale in a few weeks and I'm having one too. I've never had one before and usually give it away to family or charity. Seems like a lot of work but making the cash would be good. Another neighbor had one last week and she only made $4.00. Now that is pathetic;-). She had some ok stuff but had crazy prices on everything. My feeling is that you have a garage sale to get rid of your junk. It's not like you're ever going to get what you paid for it. She, the neighbor, was telling me that people were offering to buy her stuff at a lower price but there was no way that she'd sell her Dooney & Burke purse for under $75.00. It cost her over $500.00. I just laughed at her as she is in dreamland.

Time to get busy again. Hope that everyone has a good day. It's great to read that so many are having daily successes lately. Keep it up!!
  • Good morning all!
    I am ready to start a new day! lots to do since DS was home all day yesterday. That didn't go over well, we had to call his psychiatrist, unfortunately they psychiatrist is recommending residential treatment, I am ready to do it but DH is definitely NOT, I don't know how this is all going to work out, it it too hard to deal with DS and to hard to make the decision to send him to residential treatment, the Dr. says it is a temporary placement, 4 to 6 months and once he is stable he can come back home, my head is spinning . The Dr. put him on a heavier dose of Zyprexa, it would put anyone to sleep, but for DS it barley calms him down, it is too frustrating to see him like this, I wish I could take it all away. There is not one day that goes by and I don't think of the birth mother, who knows what drugs she used while pregnant, I hate her for all the issues DS has because of her selfishness

Lisa :birthday: have a great day today!!!

Joan that is the best part about moving, to clean all the stuff in the house you don't even remember buying! LOL. I hope you get to make a little more than $4.00

Mer I bet that is a great feeling having a cast taken off.

Mumtoliam good luck with the fitness challenge, I wish you all the best!!! and I know you will feel so much better from all the exercise, that in itself is worth doing it! you body will be the reward, you will feel great!!!

Karen sorry about the cat

Michelle B good luck with the appraisal. don't you feel great once it is all clean! the funny thing is I know we all get so busy cleaning before an appraisal and I really don't think they even notice, unless the house is really in bad shape, they notice that. I remember when we cleaned my MIL house for appraisal and I help them clean MiL and FiL are pack rats! it was a lot of work to clean and make the house look great and then inspector walked in really quick and before we knew it he was out.

I am heading to the gym! I need it badly it is my stress relief!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hugs,

Hanna
  • Vanessa you are too funny girl. By the way is it summer there or spring. Just curious if your seasons were the same as ours.

Mer I love it here too. The wondeful support is awesome!

Take care everyone

sheila
  • Yard sale: Oh my gosh every time I have done those I have at least made 7-800.00. My mother in law makes over 1,000.00 each time. I haven't had one in a long time, they are alot of work. Good Luck I hope you make a bundle.

sheila
  • Lisa ~ forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday! Hope that you have a wonderful day...