Welcome to the Gun Show!

• Okay, so usually I am a hard-core lurker, but I have GOT to brag!

After going to the gym faithfully for over a month and doing the elliptical the majority of the time, I was getting frustrated at not losing any pounds. Then one day, I walked past the mirror and happened to look over and LO and BEHOLD--look, a tushie in my pants! Since I have always had a pancake butt, this was MOTIVATION!
    A few weeks later, I was putting lotion on my legs at the pool, and LO and BEHOLD, calf muscles! I havne't seen those since I did ballet in Elementary School! Wow, there must be something to this gym thing after all!!!
    Oh, but the best part (even though I still haven't actually lost poundage)? Yesterday, I was picking up something heavy and out of the corner of my eye, it looked like my arm was swollen--THERE ARE ACTUALLY BICEPS UNDER ALL THAT FLAB!!!!!!!!
    So, now I can say to myself that I AM ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING and not wasting my time. So, even though I haven't reached any Poundage Goals, I can SEE changes in my body, and with more muscle burns more fat, so off I go to the gym!!!
  • Hooray! I love it when new muscles start creeping out from under the flab. Keep it up!
  • I just got back from the gym and I was making goofy BodyBuilder faces in the mirror while flexing my newfound muscles and I found a set of triceps too! Go figure!
  • Congratulations - I too am looking forward to getting rid of my pancake butt Keep up the good work!
  • Yayyyyy for muscles!!!