30 Something Weekend thread: April 28 & 29

• Good Morning!!!
    Lauren--HELP!!!!! I posted the wrong dates!!!! It is such a mess at work I must be crazy today!!!!!!Have U seen the new "Movers" videos on Disney??? I think they are cool...We are leaving soon to spend the day with them!! They are back in town and K is having withdrawals....

Goddess--Congrats!! She is beautiful!!! I didnt read everything--just glanced through to find your posts!!!
    RR
  • Good Morning!

GG ~ have fun today. I've never seen the "Movers" but we have a little neighbor girl that is nuts about the videos.

Kerri ~ Thanks so much for the great info. I've tried so many products/meds over the years and I'm sick of it. I know that Accutane is potent stuff but is it any more risky than being on antibiotics until Menopause??? The side effects scare me; not to mention what a huge inconvenience it is. I'm glad that you brought up the issue of insurance. I hadn't even thought of that.
    I hope that your head is much better this morning. That was sweet of you to answer my note when you were feeling like crap.

Happy Birthday to me... 39 years old today. DH and I went out last night to see a movie and then coffee and dessert afterwards. I ordered a "Fragile Baby" (hazelnut liqueur and coffee). I'm a huge hazelnut fan but Lauren you'd hate it;-). DH also known as "Mr. Wonderful" is upbeatable when it comes to good gifts... new digital camera, lotions, perfume and he fixed breakfast this morning. Melinda, unfortunately, he doesn't have a brother;-). I hope that everyone has a GREAT weekend ~ Joan
  • Hey Joan, do you think you could clone your DH for me and MJ???? PLEASE?????

RR, enjoy the movers. I am sure K will be in heaven!

Well I need to get up and moving, to everyone else.

Lisa
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOAN

Hope every one is having a great weekend.

Take it easy

sheila
  • Hi all

Happy Birthday Joan, I hope you have a great day.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here and I am trying to find some motivation to go and do something. No luck so far. Must go for a walk today though. I've done nothing but eat!

Hope you are all doing well. I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to catch up on everything I've missed.
  • Happy birthday Joan!

Started off Saturday good, monitored calories, did MTV pilates video, then went out with the girls for dinner - had a t-bone steak with salad and fries and yes I ate the fries! I also had a choc top when we went to the movies!

My goal this week is to really concentrate on what I put in my mouth and I need to drink a glass of water when I feel that temptation to eat something that will blow out the calorie intake.
  • JOAN!! Sounds like you have a great hubby. Mine likes to celebrate birthday WEEK (for himself of course). LOL
    As for the antibiotics vs. accutane - which antibiotics are you taking and what dose? Have you tried a birth control pill for the acne? I know you don't need it for contraception, but they do help and the hormone doses are pretty low. We'll get this figured out. It must really suck to have acne now. Oh, another idea..... have they checked your hormone levels to see how your testosterone levels are? I was getting acne (like you, I never had it as a teenager) and not regular periods after I stopped the pill 2 years ago plus mood swings like crazy. I though I was having early menopause! It turns out I have PCOS (poly-cycstic ovarian syndrome). There aren't any cysts present, but my testosterone levels were through the roof for a woman! Just a thought.

Michelle - Your granddaughter is just breathtaking as is your daughter. How proud you must be. Congrats again.

Going to eat dinner....

Kerri
  • Hi All!

RR, Got it babe! Haven't seen the videos...haven't seen much tv lately! I have heard little snipits of the song, but do they play a fuller version?? Just heard a commercial for the Wiggles in concert with Sam...wonder how it will be? I swore last summer that i would NEVER take them to see a concert again though...maybe now that Peter is drugged...

Joan, Sounds like you had a great one!! What an awesome DH...maybe you can send a little DNA from him here and I can implant it in mine? You're right, I'd hate the drink. The only way I like hazelnuts is if it's in chocolate!

Saw some houses today...a couple stand-outs...now we just have to figure out how to afford the one we really want!
  • I noticed your pic. is the Cards last fall! I too am a Cardinal fan. I grew up in the capital city!!
  • Hi Salty! Welcome!
  • Welcome, Salty. Yes, I am a die-hard Cards fan. Look at the "All about baseball" thread under General Chatter. It's great. Sad news today about Josh Hancock. Anyone who says prayers, if you could send a few up for his family. Thanks

Kerri
  • Hello everyone! Been a busy, fun weekend around here. Yesterday we played miniature golf and I won! Woohoo. I got 3 hole in ones. Then we hit a bucket of balls and I was able to hit them all straight and long. Why can't I do that when we are playing for real? They usually dribble off the tee and roll about 10 yds. Then we went bowling today and my four year old beat me. Of course *he* had bumpers!!

RR: Hope you had fun w/The Movers. We haven't been watching Disney lately, but I like them when we catch them.

Joan: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope it was lots of fun. Your DH sounds awesome.

Salty: Welcome!!!

Lauren: Hope you are able to work something out with the house.

Vanessa: That dinner sounds good, even w/o the fries.

to everyone I missed!!
  • joan - happy b-day (belated).
    all else..hey there..i'll try to catch up on all the posts later.

Just got back in from my very long weekend. It went well though. Friday we looked at another house...just incase it was better than the one we had a contract on. IT def wasn't. Black mold throughout the house. Can you say healthy issues. So then we went to the house we have a contract on, and spent some time looking around. OVerall its a good house. Older 70's house, needs a bit of tlc...but mostly cosmetic. Okay...lots of tlc..but it is structurally a great house. And lost of potential. We will be renovating about 60% of the house and giving fresh paint to every single room (there was some gawd awful colors and wallpaper...god i hate wallpaper). But very happy. Saturday i spent the day searching for barns for my pony. Very very exasperating. Most of the places i looked at were crap. Finally the last one was nice...actually had grass in the fields. It also has a HUGE indoor riding arena. a little farther than i wanted pony to be...but the best place i saw. So i think i'll do it. Sat was DH b-day. So this weekend was a bit of glutony. Oh well i'll get back on tract tomorrow. Alright all...got lots to do. Night night!
  • Morning all, It is Monday here and my weigh in day - I've lost another 1kg Woo Hoo! I really didnt think I would lose that much this week. I will be tracking my eating this week so hopefully next Monday will be another successful week!

Karen K - sounded like you had fun at mini golf

Gatorgal - its so exciting when you find a home and even though you pony is further away then you wanted it sounds like it is a good barn to have him in.

LBH - Lauren - I hope you also get things sorted so you can get your dream house

As for me, the weekend ended with disaster - I cleaned my son's fish tank yesterday and one of the "Wiggles" swam between the glass and the magnetic fishtank glass cleaner as I was putting it into the tank - I was so distraught as it got squashed between the glass and the cleaner... I really felt so stressed about it, and I am a bit teary about. My three year old son hasnt noticed, and I am thankful for that at least. Then this morning I got up and went to get some bread out of the freezer and my bread was not frozen!!!! My freezer's broken down - it would happen when I just finished filling it up - because I have a lot of bills in the next few weeks and I had bought a lot of meat- fish and chicken, and frozen vegies - I checked on my insurance and I dont have fusion insurance which is what I need to recover the replacement of the food lost. Bad things come in threes - what will the next thing be? Hopefully small and not expensive! I have no spare cash at the moment.