Carb Crazy Newbie

• Hi everyone I'm 29 years old fat chick and officially obese based on my BMI---wow that really hurts to say that. I've been heavier in the past and about 18 months ago lost 10 pounds doing at home weight watchers. This time I'm trying to be commited to staying away from any type of diet and I'm just going to try to use the good old fashioned food pyramid and keep my calorie intake at about 1200. I strength trained for the first time today with my husband in our garage. LOL. D.H. didn't handle it too well when I got frustrated, but in the end we both powered through it and he ended up rubbing my back as I laid face down on the bench. My goal for this journey is to take it one step at a time. I have 4 months before I turn 30 and I would like to have a significant weight loss by that time, if it doesn't happen but I'm on the right track I'll be fine with that. Getting below the 180 mark and out of the obese category is my goal for May. I'm going to do this by logging my food intake and going back to basics with the food pyramid, walking 20 minutes a day, and strength training 3 times a week. Wish Me Luck!
  • Welcome and your plan sounds like a good start! I just recently joined the fat chicks but have been on my plan since February. I keep my calories to 1200 a day and try to exersise everyday for at least 45 min. on my treadmill. I try to do Tae Bo every other day as well. I really need to get some free weights and start working on my arms. I will be turning 29 in August so we are pretty close in age. Good luck and keep us posted!!
  • That is wonderful that your husband is a part of your weight loss. I, like you, am going to use the pyramid and do things the old fashioned way.