new here!!!

• hello all!

I am new to the site---I have posted to the thirty-somethings site for the past couple days---I just discovered this forum! I am soooo glad because I re-start LAWL on 5/9/07!!! I lost 35 lbs. in 3-4 mos on the red plan last year. But...then I got pregnant with my first baby...she was born in February and LAWL has you wait another 3 mos after delivery before restarting plan (as I am breastfeeding and I guess there is a threat to the milk supply if you cut calories too soon)...sooo 5/9/07 will be the re-start date! My daughter is absolutely beautiful (as you can see --- I just love showing her off!). BUT...I gained sooo much weight with the pregnancy!!! I gained 0 lbs in the 1st trimester due to morning-afternoon-night sickness, then about 35 lbs in the second, and another 40 lbs in the third (I had polyhydramnios-too much amniotic fluid) and gained tons of fluid!!! I lost 40 lbs. my 1st month post-partum, and now I am about 5 lbss over what I was before I lost the 35 lbs!!! So, I need to lose 40 lbs. just to get to where I was pre-pregnancy ( and then I still want to lose another 35!!!). It is so hard to know that I was half way there before I got pregnant! Don't get me wrong---she was worth every single pound I gained---but I felt so good before I regained all this weight...and now I feel sooooo FAT and out of shape---and the stretchmarks aren't doing much for the self-esteem, either!!!
    Anyhow, sorry for having a 'pity party'---just feeling bad and needing to vent. I have lost it before and I will lose it again! I am glad that I found this forum---I am looking forward to learning about any tips/ideas/advice you all have for following LAWL!!!Thanks for listening---hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
  • Hi emmasmama,

I'm not on LAWL, but I wanted to say welcome I hope venting made you feel better!

Congratulations on your daughter, she's absolutely beautiful! (Like you didn't know that ) Best of luck in your weight loss efforts.
  • Welcome Emmasmamma- Glad you found us. That baby girl is just too adorable.
  • Welcome to the board! You have found the BEST weight loss forum out there.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter...she is beautiful!
  • Welcome, Emmasmamma! What's your actual name?
    I have about 40lbs to lose yet after having my son last May.

Join in on the "Losers & Friends" thread.. you'll find some great support there.
  • Welcome Emmasmomma! And congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. As you can see in my picture, my baby is much older (just turned 3)...but it all happened before I could even blink my eyes Anyway...thought I would say hi (from emmysmom)
  • Welcome! And Emma is adorable.
  • welcome .. you're daughter is beautiful!!
  • So cute! And I think most of us can sympathize with the baby-weight-gain. Now that my kids are 10 and 13, I can't really blame my weight on them anymore, though, hah! (It's all just post-pregnancy weight, I SWEAR!!!)

Welcome!!!
  • Welcome Emmasmomma! I'm from upstate NY too - Albany, actually. It's finally getting nice out - so you and Emma can go for walks!

Emma is a cutie. Lots of hair!
  • Welcome to the party...

My family is from upper state NY too.. Saranac Lake, to be exact...

Cute picture of the bambina!!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!
    Thank you all for the very warm welcome!!! And the compliments on the baby!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you guys---you seem like a fun bunch! I am from the finger lakes region of upstate NY (wine country)---I have been through Saranac lake area-it is beautiful there too! I have a cousin in the Albany area but have not been there since a trip to the state capital bldg in college. I am a nurse practitioner, now I am teaching nursing for a small local college. I am facilitating an online course on genetics in nursing currently---it is nice that I am doing this now as I do not have to do all the usual traveling to teach at various regional hospitals with the 2 1/2 month old! I did have to go to the college today for a faculty meeting and my mom watched the baby---I am lucky that she is so close! It is a real eye-opener---as a new mom I had NO IDEA how much being a parent really entails! I can see already that it really makes time tight---which makes eating healthy really tough! Sorry to go on and on---just wanted to say that it's so nice to meet ya!!!Beth
  • I'm a little late...but welcome You are going to love it here
  • Welcome Beth, and congrats on your beautiful baby!!