Will this time be any different?

• Teaches me for staying away.
    Ok I was on a roll I felt like and I lost 7 lbs, got to 148 and I was so proud of myself, Then I dissapeared from the boards for a while, got depressed, lost motivation and gained all of the weight back, I was eating like a total pig, I was grossing myself out by how much I was eating.
    I feel like this has become a pattern for me, I get going and actually have a fairly easy time losing weight I think then one day I slack off a little then the next day I don't care at all then I'm back to where I started.
    This morning I woke up thinking that this time I'm gonna do things a little different, I'm going to stop obsessing with the scale ( I usually weigh myself like 3 times a day) and I wanna start eating healthy, and exercising differently. I wanna stop doing the dreaded crunches and strt dancing around my house droppin it like it's hot, ya know what I mean? LOL.
    Anyone feel like I do?
    Anyone wanna be my partner in this?
    GIRLS I WANNA BE SEXY AGAIN!!!!!!
  • I can definitely relate! It sounds like your on the right track this time. Your going to get off track every now and then but the important thing is to pick yourself up and get right back on that track after you mess up. For me it took realizing I was dieting for all of the wrong reasons. I just wanted a quick fix, I wanted to lose the weight and I wanted to lose it right then. This time is different, it is more of a lifestyle change. The only way I can explain it is it was like a lightbulb going off in my head. I just realized in order to be healthy and thin, I'm going to have to eat healthy and exercise for the rest of my life. And that's something I WANT to do, it's not something I make myself do. Someday's it gets tough, you've had a rough day and you want that cheeseburger soooo bad, but you just have to step back and remind yourself why you are doing this in the first place.
    Anyway, welcome back to the boards shy, I hope you can get back on track and stay motivated! Keep it fun, find the things you enjoy and do it! I'm rooting for you!
  • Hey! Welcome back.
    I feel ya on the scale thing--- it can become soooo frustrating. My advice is to just focus on healthy and the weight will adjust itself.
  • I think what's also hard for me is that I'm a stay at home mom and I find it hard to keep motivated, diet and exercise, the food is always just a few feet away and the tv shows seem so much more appealing then the yoga dvd, lol.
    I too have to get it out of my head that this could be a quck fix because it can't, I can't just try for a while and quit when I havn't gotten skinny enough fast enough. Its hard.
  • hi ya'll

in my house, my kitchen is really big with a nice big table and a tv (worse thing in the kitchen). and for some reason, i tend to stay in there for so long just because i feel its more comfy even if no ones home and the couches are to open n fluffy for me to hop on (im not the couch potato type-more like the dinner-table-chair potato heh). i just love sitting in the kitchen and more often than not, the fridge gets opened like 20 times. So i try to force myself to go to the living room and curl up with a comfy pillow and blanket. i usually try to cut up a lot of vegetables and fruits and leave them next to me when im laying on the couch and i wont get up because it mixes my two favorite things: lazily watching tv and food!! and sometimes getting on the internet and posting here takes so much time away that i only end up eating when im hungry.
    this might not be the best thing in the world to do, but having it work a part of the time is better than none of the time.

Shy: why dont you take up some arts n crafts to pass the time. maybe try crocheting or sewing - you could probably sew an entire clothing line getting rid of useless cravings!