Recipes

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Eating this right now, hot out of the oven, with mini pepperoni slices and sauteed mushrooms - yummy!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Makes one 10-12 inch pizza or four personal pizzas

Recipe adapted from www.theluckypennyblog.com "Grain-free Cauliflower Crust Pizza."

Large head cauliflower, stem and outer leaves removed, cleaned and chopped into large florets
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    Optional: A few shakes of crushed red pepper
    1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
    One pound mozzarella divided: 1 and 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella for crust, rest for topping
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup almond meal

Pizza sauce: One or two cans of diced tomatoes. Can be seasoned and simmered beforehand, and ingredients added to suit tastes (e. g., mushrooms, meat, peppers, etc.)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pulse florets in food processor until powdery. Than do the straining described below. OR: Put about half the florets in Vita-Mix, fill with water, and process on high for ten seconds. Place colander in large bowl, cover with straining cloth, and pour floret water through cloth into bowl. Pick up cloth and strain out water, squeezing until as much water as you can get out is gone.

Put cauliflower powder in large bowl. Separate clumps of cauliflower so they are all powdery. Add 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, one and one half cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (crush between fingers before adding), 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (likewise crush), 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt), 1/2 cup almond meal, and, optionally, a dash of red pepper. Stir to mix. Add beaten eggs - hands work best for this.

Put parchment paper down on pizza pan or cookie sheets. You'll need two cookie sheets if you're making personal pan pizzas. Oil parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don't make it too thick or thin.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Go off looks rather than time! You want the edges to start to be crispy brown, but not too much so that when you cook it again after adding toppings it will burn.

Remove from oven. Add however much sauce, cheese, and toppings you want. Cook for another five to seven minutes, until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly golden. Allow to cool for two minutes. Careful - it's hot. Enjoy!
  • Asian shrimp stirfry
    I made this last night and it was pretty darn good. All those colorful, healthful veggies made it both beautiful and tasty! I served it with rice for my skinny husband.

A couple notes: I didn't have a mandoline or spiralizer so I just cut the zucchini into matchsticks. I cooked the shrimp first over high heat, removed it and reduced the heat to medium. I then sauteed the garlic and ginger for 1 minute before adding the rest of the veggies, sauce, etc as described in the recipe. Some red pepper flakes would have been a nice addition.

http://www.justataste.com/2015/02/asian-zucchini-noodle-stirfry-shrimp-recipe

Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry with Shrimp

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 15 min
    Ingredients:

1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
    1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1 Tablespoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined

1 medium bell pepper, sliced

1/2 cup shredded carrots
    2/3 cup sliced red onions
    1 cup sugar snap peas
    2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (See Kelly’s Note)

Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
    Directions:

In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set the mixture aside.

Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.

Increase the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell pepper, carrots, red onions and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp but tender. Add the prepared sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the shrimp to the pan, stirring to combine, then add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing to coat, for 1 minute.

Transfer the stir-fry to serving plates, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.

Kelly’s Note:

You can make zucchini noodles using a variety of gadgets, including a mandoline (pictured in recipe), a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler.
  • Quote: I made this last night and it was pretty darn good. All those colorful, healthful veggies made it both beautiful and tasty! I served it with rice for my skinny husband.

A couple notes: I didn't have a mandoline or spiralizer so I just cut the zucchini into matchsticks. I cooked the shrimp first over high heat, removed it and reduced the heat to medium. I then sauteed the garlic and ginger for 1 minute before adding the rest of the veggies, sauce, etc as described in the recipe. Some red pepper flakes would have been a nice addition.

http://www.justataste.com/2015/02/asian-zucchini-noodle-stirfry-shrimp-recipe

Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry with Shrimp

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 15 min
    Ingredients:

1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
    1/4 cup hoisin sauce
    1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1 Tablespoon minced garlic
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger

1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined

1 medium bell pepper, sliced

1/2 cup shredded carrots
    2/3 cup sliced red onions
    1 cup sugar snap peas
    2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (See Kelly’s Note)

Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
    Directions:

In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch. Set the mixture aside.

Place a large sauté pan or wok over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring as needed, until the shrimp are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.

Increase the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, then add the bell pepper, carrots, red onions and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes until the vegetables are crisp but tender. Add the prepared sauce and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return the shrimp to the pan, stirring to combine, then add the zucchini noodles and cook, tossing to coat, for 1 minute.

Transfer the stir-fry to serving plates, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.

Kelly’s Note:

You can make zucchini noodles using a variety of gadgets, including a mandoline (pictured in recipe), a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler.
    I can't wait to try this, especially since DH can have it, too. Printing it out now!