What are your diet/exercise plans?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey, if it works, it works!
  • I try to consume at least 1300 calories a day. It's hard someday's when I just don't feel too hungry. I count everyting that goes into my mouth. Even a stick of gum! I weight everything and I'm very anal about the whole thing. I think that is just part of my personality, I do that with everything. I'm a perfectionist. But for some reason have never been a perfectionist when it comes to my diet and exercise. I work out everyday. I walk almost 3 miles on my treadmill everyday and every other day I do a 30 min. Tae Bo video. I need to start lifting some weights to help my arms, once I get some weights I can start doing that. I started my new lifestyle plan in Feb. It also helps that I switched doctors and got my thyroid meds straightened out. I'm hyperthyroid and have always gained weight{unlike most who lose weight}. Once I found the right doc to get me on the right dosage I've been able to lose 36 pounds! I have been averaging almost a 4 pound a week weight loss. Some weeks I won't lose a thing and some I lose more than that. This is the most successfull I've been trying to lose weight. So that's my strategy.
    Lara
  • I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day and drink only water. I need to drink more though. I do cardio every day I possibly can... but aim for at least 6 days a week. I walk for 90 minutes a day at 3 mph (at least). I do most of my cardio at 5am M-F and early am or early afternoon on weekends.

I will be incorporating weights and pilates as time goes on as well.
  • on average, i try to eat between 1000-1500 calories per day, generally falling around 1300. some days its a lot less, some days, especially weekends, its a lot more. i always compensate the next day after a night of drinking and frivolity...especially because i love beer. anyway, i exercise right around 50 minutes a day, everyday, and change my routine ever 2 weeks, so that my body doesnt get too used to the activities. right now, im in week 2 of stability ball training. and after that, im either going to do pilates or belly dancing. i havent decided yet. i dont know how much i weigh, and i just started measuring myself recently. i go down about a full inch a week, at least i think. there's always room for error when measuring yourself, lol.

i FEEL amazing, though. ive maintained eating pretty well even through finals at school. i think working out has a lot to do with it.

oh, and ps- im also reading neuro-linguistic programming for dummies. and its completely changed my mindset for weight loss. if any of you are in a slump and need to re-evaluate your mindsets, i suggest it. now, instead of thinking 'i dont want to be fat', i think 'i want to be fit and healthy'. its made a huge difference in my motivation.
  • all of you exhaust me