Quiche Cups

• Good day! Thank you again for submitting your recipe. Below you will find our LA Chef modifications:

Ingredients:
    2 cups egg substitute
    1 cup frozen broccoli, cooked
    1 cup reduced fat 4 cheese blend
    1/2 small onion, chopped
    1/2 bell pepper, copped
    hot sauce to taste
    Morton Lite Salt®
    pepper to taste

Preparation:
    Sauté onion and thawed broccoli until crisp tender.
    Cooking spray coat a 16 hole mini muffin tin.
    Place approximately 1 Tbsp. of broccoli mixture in to each cup.
    Top each cup with 1Tbsp. cheese.
    Add 2 Tbsp. liquid egg substitute to each cup.
    Bake in preheated 350 F oven for approximately 15 minutes or completely set and golden.

Makes: 8 servings

Serving size: 2 quiche cups

LA Exchange: 1/2 Protein, 1 Condiment

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

Enjoy!

LA Chef
  • Sounds really good...

But I wonder why the egg substitute? Since we can have regular eggs...

I can't see having brocoli with breakfast, but maybe spinach... I'll let you know...
  • I've actually made it both ways. The spinich was a little too strong for me so I thought I'd try the broccoli and it was just right. It's all a matter of taste buds, try it both ways and see what ya think. I'm sure they would taste better with real eggs but it would be a lot of eggs to make this recipe. Maybe you could throw in a couple for good measure.
  • It seems to me like they often use egg substitute.......
    I don't use them, but only because they are soooo expensive, and I feed a lot of people.
    I have found that 1 large egg usually equals about 1/4 cup........so for this recipe, it would probably be 8-10 eggs......also, I have heard that the best recipes call for eggs by their measure, not number........so I suppose it couldn't hurt to crack them into a measuring cup.