Party tomorrow...help!

• I'm going to a surprise birthday party tomorrow night and I volunteered to make the cake (silly me!).
    The menu will consist of a deli tray, fruit tray, chips, pretzels, cake, macaroni salad and potato salad.
    I was thinking of having a turkey sandwich on a roll (1P, 1S), 2 servings of fruit and a small piece of cake (chocolate with peanut butter icing, by the way).
    Does this sound okay? Does anyone think that I should count anything differently? And yes, I know, I should skip the cake
  • OH, and how should I count the cake?
  • Well-the turkey sandwich would like be 1P, 2S . . . .and you'd have to put a lot of turkey on. 1/2 (or 6in) of a Subway sand is 2S and 1/2 P (for reference) . . . If I remember the tip card correctly-a small piece of cake is 2S and 1fat-anyone else have the card handy?

Best bet-eat the deli turkey sans bread, eat lots of veggies, fruit and the cake . . . .(probably not what you wanted to hear!)
  • JM - You are correct! Cake is 2S, 1Fa. I'm with you. Skip the bread for the sandwich and enjoy a small slice of birthday cake. You can work it into the plan so you don't have to cheat or feel deprived. Besides, birthday parties are all about the cake!
  • I agree. I would eat the turkey wrapped in lettuce with some mustard instead of the bread. BTW, the cake sounds amazing. The other thought would be to eat a 100 cal Hostess cupcake pack instead of the cake and count it as a starch.
  • Ok.. I'm sorry.. I'm still stuck on the peanut butter frosting.. Can I count that as an entire meal if that's all I eat..? I promise I'd only have a small bowl of it...

As God as my witness, I've never considered the pleasures that would be peanut butter cake frosting...
  • Dan - It's only a whole meal if Liz joins you. And no utensils allowed. (OK, I'll get my mind out of gutter. It's been a long week.)

(at least it's not high in sodium)
  • And the best (or worst) part of the cake recipe is the frosting...it calls for creamy peanut butter, marshmallow cream, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla...yummmmm!!!!

But thank you for the cake breakdown. I will skip the bread and do the lettuce and mustard thing...and a very small piece of cake, I promise!
  • Be strong Tina, be strong!!!
  • I will, Katie...I promise
  • Hmm...can I please have the recipe for the frosting? Purely for curiousity of course. I wouldn't dream of making/eating it.
  • Here's the link...
    http://www.peanutbutter.com/recipeDi...7213&Version=1

BTW...I was told by the birthday "boy" (he turned 50), that this cake was better than his mom's recipe...and as you know, mom's recipes are always THE BEST!!! It was very delicious.
  • O.....m......g......