One small step for some, one giant leap for me!

• I want to tell you guys something. It may sound small to some, but it's a giant leap forward for me.

For Easter, I made my much-requested pineapple upside down cake. It's amazing, really (amazingly unhealthy, too). Anyway, everyone ate a piece for dessert and when I packed everything up to leave, I noticed there were four pieces of cake left. The old me would have been delighted and would have eaten a piece when I got home, a piece for breakfast, lunch and probably even dinner. Instead, I chose to leave it all there.

I've been trying to hard to change the way I view and consume food and it felt so good to be in control of myself.

Baby steps, right?
  • Good for you!
  • Wowee!! I would have found that nearly impossible - in fact, I probably wouldn't have taken it home, either - I would almost certainly have scoffed it all there!!!

Great Job!!

Heather
  • Nope, I disagree-- I don't think that's small at all. It proves-- to us and to yourself-- that you're dedicated, capable of making smart decisions, and that your entire relationship with food is changing for the better! Woo hoo to you!
  • That is indeed a huge step and would've been really hard for most of us! The bottom line is that pineapple upside down cake will always be there if we truly want some, and we will definitely eat it again in the future, but maybe once we've lost our extra weight, and then we'll just take one piece home and just eat 1/2 at a time like the slimmies probably do. LOL. Good for you!
  • that is such a big step - congratulations on your willpower!
  • Hey, that is great! You took control and said no to overeating! As Mami said, that cake will be there in the future.

Jay
  • That's Awesome, and I agree, not small at all!!!
  • This is what it takes to be successful! So - you have been a success! Pat yourself on the back!
  • Lindsey,
    !!!! Yeah!!! Way to go... food isn't in control YOU are!!!
    It is EXACTLY these things that build your strength. and everytime you
    are faced with a situation like this.. it gets easier..
    wow.. I can SO relate..
    I was at a friend's house and she makes this amazing "mud" cake... we used to eat 2 large pieces with a huge latte' in the mornings when I worked with her... the other day she had it out on her cabinet... God.. I just wanted to spoon up the icing alone!
    I felt like a million bucks when I left and had resisted..
    You did it!!!
    Yeah!
  • Congratulations! I didn't exercise my restraint at Easter, and then I had an extra 2.5 lbs of water weight to contend with...soooo bloated and uncomfortable...next time I want to give in, I'll think of you and tell myself "she did it -- so can I!"
  • Wow, what awesome will power! Good for you for making the best choice for you and your body. It will make you all that much stronger next time!
  • That was no small feat...that was HUGE!!!! Congrats!! I would have eaten a peice right there and taken a peice home. Good for you. You can always make another cake later in the future. No need to have it all now. That is the way to do it!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for your support, you guys! I feel different this time (regarding my desire to lose weight). I feel like I finally understand that I'm going to have to change how I do everything relating to food. Forever. Just knowing you guys are here is a huge motivation.