Yet another newbie :)

• Hello all!

I'm new to these forums here and so of course, I had to make the obligatory annoying intro post I am really excited to have found such a great, non-program based weight loss community. I like support groups, but being pressed into a specific plan is not really my style. It is also nice to get info from all over - it seems like people here have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and I look forward to learning from you guys.

My story is pretty much simple, save for a very slight twist. I was always a bit heavy growing up, primarily owing to a medical condition that made it difficult for me to exercise. During high school/college, I got serious about losing weight - almost too serious. If anyone had been aware of the condition then, I might have been diagnosed as orthorexic or something; I was so obsessed with low calorie whole foods and excessive exercise that I wound up way too skinny, despite still being obsessed with the idea of losing more Ultimately I kicked that dark habit...a little too well, considering I ballooned to over 200 pounds...but I'll admit that now that I'm actively attempting to lose again, it worries me. I am afraid sometimes that I might relapse into that mindset and start restricting calories too much, and Too Thin is not a good place to be either :-/

Has anyone else had this experience? I've known a lot of people trying to get over binge eating issues and dieting, but er, not so much people trying to get over past excessive dieting XD; Thanks.

[img]http://www.3
    fatchicks.net/img/bar061/cartoonstar01/lb/220/120/169/.png[/img]
  • Welcome!! I don't have any experience with excessive dieting, I must admit. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!
  • This is, indeed, a wonderful place for support, tips, ideas, etc., for your weight loss journey. I have not encountered the problem you mentioned, but I do know that eating healthy is a way of life...not just a solution to a weight problem - on either side of the scale.

Here's wishing you great success as you journey to better health!
  • Welcome! Sorry, I can't help either, but you will find tons of this support for your journey here. Look forward to getting to know you!
  • I've never had trouble with being too thin, so can't help you there. But, welcome!! We'll all help each other from here on out!