1 (26 oz.) jar no added salt spaghetti sauce
    1 large tomato, chopped
    1 (16 oz.) container 1 % cottage cheese
    1 large egg
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
    1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375°F. Brown meat with garlic and oregano in medium saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
    Mix cottage cheese, egg and parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture in (13 x 9-inch) baking dish. Layer 3 noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the remaining sauce mixture in dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce mixture. Cover with foil.

Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Makes: 9 servings
    Serving size: 1/9th recipe
    LA Exchange: 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Dairy, 1 Condiment

This was pretty good, DH even liked it, not too different from the lasagna I make for him. It's a keeper.
  • Question
    I am a new member to LAWL. I am wondering if the receipes you are listing are approved by LAWL? They look very good and I appreciate you posting them.

Thanks Shannon
  • Most of these have been converted to LA ways by the LA chef, so your answer is yes. Enjoy!
  • Yummy Stuff!!