LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 84 of 99
Go to
  • Hey, y'all!! Just dropping in real quick. I am having a great vacation. I think I need to do this stay at home vacation more often. I think what I'm liking most of all is that I get to be JUST a mommy...and wife, of course. Most of the time, I feel like I suck at motherhood, but this week I've actually had moments where I felt like I might actually be an okay Mommy. Now, if only my DH's insurance business would pick up, so that I could do this all the time!!

As far as being OP, I've been doing pretty decent this week. I put my account on hold with my COD this week, so that I don't have to worry about WI's. But, my BNWI at home this morning showed 135.5. That's the lowest I've seen on the scale so far. Hopefully, I can keep this up so that the losses will show at COD next week. However, I have to get through my birthday this weekend. And, I WILL have cake!!

Well, gotta go spend some time with DH, and I have to get to sleep kinda early tonight. My LASIK eye surgery is in the morning, and we have to get the girls off to school and grandma care before we go. Y'all pray that the surgeon and his laser are steady tomorrow!!!
  • REGARDING AMERICAN IDOL!!! IF ANYONE WRITES A POST ABOUT WHO GETS THE BOOT TONIGHT PLEEEEEEASE PUT A SPOILER ALERT ON!!! I AM ON PACIFIC TIME AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW! Thanks!

Joni...Thanks for the kudos on my lunch choices. It is tough some days and it seems like I have had a LOT of lunches these days. It's also hard when everything is expensed and you can get whatever you want! BTW...there is an AGE limit on the goals? What? FYI, I am soon-to-be 42. I am so happy that we are at the same height, current weight, and goal...gives me someone to watch. I will totally be stalking you right back.

Libby...your avatar is beautiful. Is it your wedding photo?

Angie...I have been buying a bag of lemons at the grocery store lately. I use them a lot for cooking and it's nice to have that fresh juice in the HLW.

HLW Quick "graphic" question...is it supposed to help "clean you out" so to speak? (Sorry to be gross!) Anyone?
  • AI - Did anyone else find that Elvis was so "into" his own performance that he didn't even acknowledge Celine?

Shannon -- I meant to comment on your new picture too...I think that Twinkie..er, Winkie, already looks like he's lost weight in his face!
  • Quote: Hey, y'all!! Just dropping in real quick. I am having a great vacation. I think I need to do this stay at home vacation more often. I think what I'm liking most of all is that I get to be JUST a mommy...and wife, of course. Most of the time, I feel like I suck at motherhood, but this week I've actually had moments where I felt like I might actually be an okay Mommy. Now, if only my DH's insurance business would pick up, so that I could do this all the time!!

As far as being OP, I've been doing pretty decent this week. I put my account on hold with my COD this week, so that I don't have to worry about WI's. But, my BNWI at home this morning showed 135.5. That's the lowest I've seen on the scale so far. Hopefully, I can keep this up so that the losses will show at COD next week. However, I have to get through my birthday this weekend. And, I WILL have cake!!

Well, gotta go spend some time with DH, and I have to get to sleep kinda early tonight. My LASIK eye surgery is in the morning, and we have to get the girls off to school and grandma care before we go. Y'all pray that the surgeon and his laser are steady tomorrow!!!
    I am so excited for you!!! I had mine 4 years ago and no regrets. 20/20 here! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
  • Joni - You hit the nail on the head. My littlest angel rarely hits the floor. His brother and sisters carry him everywhere and he's never at a loss for attention. He'll probably be a holy terror when he's older because he's so used to being "where it's at" :-) I nibble on his cheeks constantly.. they're so chubby and smooth!!

I second Angie's comment about Libby.. dang girl!! You're a knockout!

Wendy - Glad you're enjoying your vacation.. and good luck with Lasik! I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results.

Shannon - Cute avatar.. but Nicole's gonna be reeeaaally disappointed! :-)

Made it through my Grapefruit TO day 1 without any blt's. Tomorrow I'm bringing my own food to a lunch meeting. You'd think I was committed to this or something..
  • Hi to all my 3FC chicks and roosters pals! Sorry I've been MIA for a week or so but work had kept me very busy! (sounds like an excuse, doesn't it? But unfortunately it's real-- and Quarter end so it's been crazy!)

Never fear, I have been able to keep up with all the posts (read "lurking") and I'm so proud of my friend KRISTEN for reaching goal! Way to goal, girl... you ROCK! I plan to live vicariously through you on stabilization and maintenance! (Hopefully I won't be too far behind ya but it's been really SLOW lately!)

Also, Kristen and Kim - you two have single handedly (or would that be double handedly?) kept me laughing for the past week. I'm not kidding. I'd be reading your "dog and inlaw" posts at work and my co-workers were beginning to think I'd gone nutso because I was literally laughing so hard I had tears running down my face! Thanks for the laughs, ladies!

And Nicole - you too. Your posts are always so funny! Keep it up!

Deb(ster) - I love the new haircut. Adorable! And thanks again for the swap! I'm diggin' the S'mores lites! Yum! And I was so sorry to read about your winter weather mishap. Glad you are ok!

Dan - Thanks for being the Sodium Police. Every good neighborhood (3FC block party) needs a good civil officer!

Vic - drop me a PM about your local COD as I'm a Seattle girl too. I visit the FW COD. Oh, and I just had my 42nd b-day.... we've got a few similarities don't we!?

To all my LAWL friends, may each of you have a POP day and may we all see a downward trend in the scale this week!

Oh, and Congrats to Katie!
  • Thanks, Wendy and Lettie!! I'll try to check in later today. Although, I'm not sure staring at the computer today would be a good thing, so maybe I'll check in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Quote: Joni - You hit the nail on the head. My littlest angel rarely hits the floor. His brother and sisters carry him everywhere and he's never at a loss for attention. He'll probably be a holy terror when he's older because he's so used to being "where it's at" :-) I nibble on his cheeks constantly.. they're so chubby and smooth!! .
    I really believe, when it comes to little ones the opposite is true. When babys and toddlers are smothered and snuggled constantly when they grow up the tend to me more secure. they were reassured over and over, that love was always there for them. The poor little kids that don't get that tend to be the needed adolescents that are constantly looking for love and approval. With my five I smothered them all the time, because I knew that there was no chance they were going to want me doing that when they were ............say 30! by about age 5 or 6 I had to chase them to get lovin. they still come around sometimes but they are pretty confident in the fact that they are loved and don't need to be clingy now.
  • Quote: Kim, you freak...........I just talked about a bikini in my post, I click post reply, and there you are, talking about your tiny weeny finger bikini.......
    It's all about sharing the brain, my friend... sharing the brain indeed
  • AI - Hmm dissappointing AND depressing. A 2 fer! Rascal Flats was great though.

Angie - Yes he is losing in his face and has only been on LAWL 1 day! Go Winkie! I got home last night and he was limping big time, this morning he seems better so I'm going to try to get home early tonight and if he's limping again he's going to the vet.
  • Morning gang...

Not much to say today.. Pretty busy schedule.. But I'll survive.. Talk to y'all later...

"Become one with your POP"....
  • Hi all! Trying to keep up with the posts. I miss a lot of chit chat in the evenings, apparently!

I am comically limping my fat *** around the office - I have done something to my hip flexor area, and it's killing me. I'm walking like Fred Sanford. It feels like tendonitis, not muscle-related. Ouch! I was late getting into work because I was walking sooooo slowly across the parking lot! My boss then made a comment about how it was nice of me to join them finally. (she was not serious). Advil is my best friend today.

Shannon - Nonpictarian - hysterical!

Wendy - Best of luck today with the Lasik! I'm jealous.

Wendy II - I don't think they make finger bikinis. My fingers go to the au natural beach. By themselves.

Lorraine - I aim to keep the masses pleased! Lord, I have stories about MIL - I could write a book. I won't hold it against you that her name is Lorraine!

Shannon - I hope Winkie is on the mend. I'm limping - maybe I should go to the vet too. (she might prescribe McD's fries!!!! hmmm.....)

OK, gotta go - we are having the senior citizens here for lunch today, the kids are giving a concert for them.... never a dull moment.

Oh, and the devil sclae finally went down yesterday - a whopping .6! I'll take it...
  • Kristen--WTG--you have done an amazing job--I NEED your personal power!!

Joni--you can come on over anytime--saferoom or not--heck I'll give you a bed!

OMgosh JM--I am sure that's it has seemed like an eternity for you, but now it's HERE!!! I am so excited for you to get your hands on your little girl.

Angie--Josh got me last night, too. Then I made my girls cry b/c I said I wanted him to sing it at my funeral and my 7 year old flipped out--oops. Okay--the Elvis comment was good!--took me a minute--doh.

The AI tease was AWFUL--I was FURIOUS when I thought Jordin was out--they really shouldn't be so cruel! Once he said Phil was safe I was in disbelief.
    I am sure they raised millions and I think it's fabulous--but the bitter/poor side of me wants these "stars" to contribute more. I am a big fan of Ellen but when she announced she was donating 100,000 I thought "big deal" that's probabaly just a fraction of what you are being paid to host tonight". Bitter--I know. A million $$ donation from anyone on last night is a drop in the bucket. Ok--rant over.

Wendy--best of luck on the Lasik--I am 7 years out and still pretty darn perfect, too--you'll be thrilled.

congrats to all you losers. Not losing (I am pretty sure--refuse to check) but at least my jeans fit better. I changed (quit) a new med and think it may have been affecting me.

Love all the new avatars--we have quite a gorgeous group!!
  • Quote: AI - Did anyone else find that Elvis was so "into" his own performance that he didn't even acknowledge Celine?
    Oh, I totally agree........

Good morning everyone.
    Not too sure why I am in a happy mood this a.m. as I was a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater last night.........but not too bad. I had some blt's.......and that is never a good thing. It is kind of disappointing to me, as I have been OP for over a week........but it will be ok, right?

AI........I about died last night..........of dehydration...........from tears. I just can't stand that stuff. I learned a lot about the AIDS epidemic in Africa in school.......and the more you now, the more difficult it is to continue enjoying your simple little pleasures...........you know, like SHOES!!!! People just don't realize that this is a world wide problem, because they don't have to see the devestation on a regular basis...........but anyway.......I will stop there......it is just sooo hard to watch kids hurting......and it just makes me cry. I always remember what my mom used to say to console me when I was younger and upset about kids dying for what I felt was no reason..........and her response was always the same...."It's just one more little Angel up in Heaven." I try to find comfort in that. Ok, I'm done now.........but MAN.........talk about a tear fest around here. Also, the whole we're not gonna vote anyone off kind of ticked me off. I think it is fair that they will save the votes from last week and all.......but still......that seemed a bit mean to do to the contestants........you know.

Ok, I have to go shower.......Libby.......gorgeous............I will check in later
    XOXO
  • Kim--I sooooo wish we worked together--I promise I would help you and not laugh--or I promise I would try--or I promise I would laugh with you--or maybe at you--oh forget it....

Today is our Friday---can you hear the whooping?? A snow day we didn't have to take. It looks like I will have hellions from now til the end--turkeys--.