LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 5 of 99
Go to
  • Joni - Those are awesome!! Very pretty looking bunnies
  • Quote: Please forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I found Pop Secret 100 Calorie popcorn at my grocery store. I called the COD and told them all the counts and they said it was ok but not to do it every day. It has butter too! Or a butter'ish substance anyway.

yeah... i found smart pop. a mini bag of that is 100 cals... but COD still wants me to only have 1 cup of air popped popcorn plain. but nothing is better than theater popcorn.. lol

for anyone who may have noticed.. i changed my ticker because when i originally entered my info.. i started with the weight i started LAWL on. then i thought about it... why am i denying myself those other 8lbs i had lost before i started LAWL ... so... i decided to rectify that situation and start counting all of the weight i've lost.
  • Joni..............you smart a$$!!!! I was wondering about your avatar.....and then I read your post.....and I was like.......ohhhh, how cute.....and then I read on about how talented you think you are.....and I was like, "wow......that doesn't sound like the Joni I know.......".....but there was no just kidding or anything else to the post.............and then I scrolled down.........and about died laughing!!!!

Kim #2............I know exactly what you mean about having a license to cheat. Two short weeks ago.......I was actually down to 185 on my hs......and I let it get to my head. Now I am feeling somewhat doubtful.......but I know it just takes time. I am currently doing mon morning WI also to keep me on the straight and narrow. I am so excited for you about getting your walmart bagectomy. I cannot wait to hear about your consult. Did you ever check out that tummy tuck website one other lady on here mentioned?
  • Quote: Nicole - Too true about your YDS needing privacy - I don't have kids, but the dog doesn't like it when I look at him while he's assuming the position!
    Isn't that the truth.........my dog hides

I LOVE the beef and brocolli recipe......I make it quite often. Making things like that and freezing them always helps me to stay OP. DH hates brocolli, and hates it when I cook with it, cuz it is sooo stinky.....but he made corned beef w/ cabbage yesterday (ewwww), so he really cannot complain
  • Good Day Gang,

Chuckling about popocorn, blow pops and tattoos. You guys crack me up.

Went to see "Shooter" last night - my honey ate popcorn, I didn't. Got two hours of step aerobics in over the week-end, so hope that helps with my efforts. Stayed on program, with a few minor slips on Saturday. I find it so much easier at work to stay focussed, and away from the kitchen.

Keep it positive folks. The stats show that many people have had terrific losses. Maybe some are stalled a bit while your body adjusts, but never forget how much better you feel now then you did at your starting weight.

A tattoo - it's got me thinking.

Peg
  • Joni - you kill me. I keep looking at it like its a Where's Waldo picture. You are in there somewhere!

Nicole - we must share the same brain - you explained my thought process EXACTLY! 4 arms, 4 legs, one brain!
  • Hey, how come weight watchers frozen meals aren't listed in our books? I bought one and I'm counting it as 1P and 1S anyway. Is that legal or are the LAWL police gonna come after me?

So, when I went in on Saturday for my WI I felt absolutely horrible. I was depressed and mad at myself for having eaten out so much the week before. Even with that I had a good wi. This morning I woke up feeling great and really wanted to go WI just to see and fully clothed I was down another .4 - Just imagine what it might have been in my shorts!! I threatened to strip down and see if I could pull out a full pound but when she didn't discourage it I chickened out. MAN I LOVE THIS DIET. Tell me the honeymoon won't end...tell me.....
  • Oh and I forget...who was it that was having puppies? What was the end count? Pictures?
  • Panini link, prepare to drool on your keyboard: http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Panini.aspx

For real, try them.
  • Shannon- I use the WW meals sometimes and I haven't noticed a difference at WI. They don't seem to be nutritionally different. However, I try not to use the frozen meals all that often, as they are somewhat high in sodium. Keep it up with the losses. Even the little ones add up. You are doing great!!!
  • Quote: Whew, 4 pages to catch up on in the March thread and 4 already in the April one! I gotta do better!

Dan you little hottie you! I love the new avatar!
    Awww shucks, y'all...

Thanks for the comments.. I just thought it was time for a new pic..

But be careful.. Liz might get mad...
  • OK Megan, you're making me hungry. I too like the Panini's I had the Southwest chicken one or something like that a couple of weeks ago, and they are to die for!!!!
  • Happy April all! Feeling a bit better. The antibiotics definitely helped. But still sound pretty hoarse. I've skimmed the (already) five pages, but haven't taken notes faithfully.

Nicole - Congrats on DS. And I start school next Monday! I go for orientation on Wednesday and get my chef whites and knives, etc.

Joni - Too funny about the woodworking. You crack me up!

Shannon - The reason the WW meals aren't listed in the book is because it's another program. When I started I was told not to have food from other programs (WW, South Beach) because "you don't want to get confused". Real reason: They are not going to advocate or condone you spending money on products designed for another weight loss program. As long as the sodium (hi Dan) and other counts are somewhat consisten with those things in your book, you could go ahead. But there are some Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice entress that aren't approved either because of calories, sodium, fat, carbs, etc.

This is a very tough week. Going to the in-laws for Passover tonight and tomorrow so I've only eaten some tuna salad (P,Fa), baby carrots (V) and 2 string cheese (D). Saving my starches and fruits for the yummy feast the next two days. Then fasting Friday for Good Friday and then Easter. Cripes. Can you say too much religion in one week? (For those of your newbies who don't know, I'm Catholic and DH is Jewish so we do it all).

OK... back to work!
  • Quote: As long as the sodium (hi Dan)

LMAO
  • Chef Cassi - how exciting that school starts soon!!!