LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 38 of 99
Go to
  • Boo-I think they're actually extending the results show to an HOUR . . .can you believe?
  • Hello everyone!!!

Back to work tomorrow after an extended weekend. If I actually keep it I have no more time off until the second week of May when I have a week booked but I may reduce that.

I go get weighed again tomorrow morning on my way to work for the day. After a good loss last week I don't expect miracles this week. But I did get out for a walk today. It is windy but warmish at 7C so not bad. The sun was out which made it nice.

I hit Walmart today and although they are a little snug I bought a 16+ size pair of jeans down from a 22+. I probably won't wear them for another 5 lbs or so but I wanted to get them now as I know the way my luck is they wouldn't have them in a month when I could wear them. I also got a nice long sleeve top that is a 1x down from a 3x. So I know the pounds are showing - I just can't really see them yet but at COD they say they can when they look at my starting picture. I was very happy with the new sizes. I also wanted some new shoes but they didn't have my size at this store so I have to check the one across town.

I also of course got the fur kid some treats so I can be sure to spoil her this weekend when I stay with her. That way she can be even more spoiled for her daddy when he comes home and I don't have to be around to deal with it!!! LOL.

I hope to get some more info this week at work about my new position and when it might start. Hopefully soon.

Have a good afternoon! I'll check in later!
  • Quote: I hit Walmart today and although they are a little snug I bought a 16+ size pair of jeans down from a 22+. I probably won't wear them for another 5 lbs or so but I wanted to get them now as I know the way my luck is they wouldn't have them in a month when I could wear them. I also got a nice long sleeve top that is a 1x down from a 3x. So I know the pounds are showing - I just can't really see them yet but at COD they say they can when they look at my starting picture. I was very happy with the new sizes. I also wanted some new shoes but they didn't have my size at this store so I have to check the one across town.
    WOW! WTG - that's wonderful.
  • Paula---, nice pic! I almost didn’t recognize you! Stay the course girl. Don’t give up. If you keep trying, even if you are not always POP, you will feel a lot better about yourself by the time your cruise gets here than if you just throw in the towel. Even if your efforts only take off another 5 lbs. that is 5 lbs better than now. And when you get on that cruise, you will be able to tell yourself, “I did the best I could and now look at me” instead of “Gee I wish I would have tried just a little more” Don’t worry we are here to help ya!

Joni--- wow no caffeine….. hmmm I can’t give that one up. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t do drugs, don’t gamble…….. gotta have my coffee!

Ok.AI….. I have to agree with Wendy, Sanjaya was, I hate to admit, decent. I felt like they were all mediocre and that ment they all did worse than normal and Sanjaya actually did a little better in order to be mediocre. I like Melinda but she was just ok last night I didn’t really care for Jordins song choice but man that little girl has a voice. And I am in no way a Sanjaya fan but I could look at him over Phil, maybe it would look better with hair, but I just have to close my eyes when he sings. Haley….. yikes…. Those legs!!!!!!!! Wow. But I think maybe Phil is going home, he was so crackly at the end of his song.

Alannah---Good for you with the clothes., I always like to keep a few things around that I can barely fit into, and try them on everyonce in a while for inspiration.

Sorry if I missed anyone. Today has been nuts. But I did finally go weigh in today. I skipped Mondays weigh in because of TOM, being waaaaay off plan this weekend and my scale said I was up almost 4 lbs from Friday. So I finally went in today and……….. I was exactly the same as last Friday!!!!! Yea!!! I will sooooo take that. Now if I can be down just a little on Friday. The week won’t be a total loss.

It is rainy and cold here. (anyone else on here live near NW Arkansas? Or am I all alone?) well I have to make supper. See you all after AI. Just to groan a little!

Lettie
  • Yeeeee-hawwww! Check out the new ticker, folks! Down 2.2 at WI today...my biggest loss to date! My Cod was really excited for me, too, which is always fun. I am telling you...it WAS the Easter miracle after being with my family in the midwest over the holiday and having many celebratory drinks and more starches than usual. I got right back POP when I got back so I hope it isn't just lurking around to show up later.

Alannah...Awesome news about your jeans! How much fun was that? Keep going!

Jillian...way to go on the exercise vs. nap victory. That is always a big challenge. I always forget that I feel much better after the treadmill vs. the bed.

Paula...you look great in your new Avatar. As my DF would say, "You have Little Face"!

RE AI: I am not sure who is going home tonight. Last week was a shock for me. I am thinking it will be Haley but the way things are going this year, who knows? Clearly Latin music is challenging to sing. And Sanjaya with the singing into the camera. Ugh!

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the week. POP Power! BTW: This thread is a blessing for us who need the motivation. So glad I found it.

PS. Anyone heard from Kelli?
  • congrats on the loss vic! that's great!
    i do feel better after i did a workout, and i still managed to get an hour nap in too!

where at in the midwest? i've been meaning to ask.
  • Jillian...You got a workout AND a nap? You rock, girl! I grew up in north central Wisconsin and have been in Seattle for eight years. It was FREEEEEZING there last weekend when I was home. I just talked to my mom and she said it is snowing and they are supposed to get 3-4 inches. I am happy to be back in Seattle...it's 60 today. Another NSV...I dug out some capri jeans I bought last summer and put them on today...too big. BTW: I don't know how you can work at Starbucks and lose weight. I am a latte fiend. That's a NSV for you!
  • JM - You are so right about Sanjaya trying to look like he's "making love to zee camera". It grosses me out in a big way!
  • Hi Guys
    All the talk about Sanjaya creeps me out...he's a waste of oxygen!
    Hope you are all doing well. I'm on solo mommy duty today so been little time at the computer!!
    I weighed in today and I'm now 0.6oz from goal... this last two pounds has been torturing me slowing in wee increments.. the sclae almost took a physical hit today
    Look forward to some more time to catch up on the weekend as I'm with the girls tomorrow and working a Baby tradeshow on the weekend.. have to paste on the perma smile and nod and grin at hundreds of people whilst looking enthusiastic and energetic!!
  • Quote: Yeeeee-hawwww! Check out the new ticker, folks! Down 2.2 at WI today...my biggest loss to date! My Cod was really excited for me, too, which is always fun. I am telling you...it WAS the Easter miracle after being with my family in the midwest over the holiday and having many celebratory drinks and more starches than usual. I got right back POP when I got back so I hope it isn't just lurking around to show up later.

Alannah...Awesome news about your jeans! How much fun was that? Keep going!

Jillian...way to go on the exercise vs. nap victory. That is always a big challenge. I always forget that I feel much better after the treadmill vs. the bed.

Paula...you look great in your new Avatar. As my DF would say, "You have Little Face"!

RE AI: I am not sure who is going home tonight. Last week was a shock for me. I am thinking it will be Haley but the way things are going this year, who knows? Clearly Latin music is challenging to sing. And Sanjaya with the singing into the camera. Ugh!

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the week. POP Power! BTW: This thread is a blessing for us who need the motivation. So glad I found it.

PS. Anyone heard from Kelli?
    Hey Vic! Im here. WOO HOO, you skinny girl!!!!! SO AWESOME Sometimes I think the body likes a little jolt to shake things up! My loss is slow since the way my body seems to work is that one program works for me to a certain point, then never again. I did Atkins 10 years ago and tried to pick it up another time and wasnt successful past a certain point. With WW, same thing. hit a wall. This is my second go round and I seem to be just maintaining at this point. I rejoined my gym and am hitting it hardcore, so at least if the pounds dont drop off, I will be much firmer, so I am not complaining. To have maintained in a size 4/5 for this long, believe me, I am NOT complaining. Im just always looking for more and would LOVE to hit the 120's, I just dont think it will happen. YOU TOTALLY ROCK though and you will FOR SURE melt away even more- I am so happy for you!!!!!
  • Quote: Hi Guys
    All the talk about Sanjaya creeps me out...he's a waste of oxygen!
    Hope you are all doing well. I'm on solo mommy duty today so been little time at the computer!!
    I weighed in today and I'm now 0.6oz from goal... this last two pounds has been torturing me slowing in wee increments.. the sclae almost took a physical hit today
    Look forward to some more time to catch up on the weekend as I'm with the girls tomorrow and working a Baby tradeshow on the weekend.. have to paste on the perma smile and nod and grin at hundreds of people whilst looking enthusiastic and energetic!!
    How excrutiating! Youre almost there though!!! What do you do in the baby industry? That sounds like fun to go to the tradeshow!
  • Kristen - the good thing is the scale is moving in the right direction...you will get there!!

Jillian - Great job of getting on the treadmill and getting in that exercise. You can always create an "exercise ticker" and keep track of your minutes. I think the visual is good to see. Boy, maybe I should take my own advice to heart!

Egads LeaAnn - did you survive the PE class? You are one brave woman!
    JM's right - they are dragging out AI results show to one hour. I'm definitely going to tape this or maybe just hear the results tomorrow. There's a documentary on at the same time on Georgia Public Broadcasting called "FAT: What no one is telling you." I think I'd get more out of that than the results show!

Alannah - WTG on the new jeans and new job......life is good!
  • Quote: Jillian...You got a workout AND a nap? You rock, girl! I grew up in north central Wisconsin and have been in Seattle for eight years. It was FREEEEEZING there last weekend when I was home. I just talked to my mom and she said it is snowing and they are supposed to get 3-4 inches. I am happy to be back in Seattle...it's 60 today. Another NSV...I dug out some capri jeans I bought last summer and put them on today...too big. BTW: I don't know how you can work at Starbucks and lose weight. I am a latte fiend. That's a NSV for you!

ah wisconsin. just curious as to where in the midwest since i grew up in the midwest too. i grew up in nebraska and then lived in south dakota for 6yrs. i love weather in north carolina. sadly we're moving back to south dakota at the end of the year.
    congrats on the capri's being too big! isn't it a great feeling!?!

thanks for all the praise with my workout/nap and for working at sbux and having willpower..it's hard, but worth it! you made my night vic!
  • Hey guys!

Jillian- Great job girlie!

Kristen- Slow and steady, slow and steady! I am ducking now since I think you may hit me in the head!

Vic- WTG!!!!

Joni- Hmmm, I would love to hear a synopsis on the fat show.

I have been a big "Cheater, cheater, candy eater" today. PMS big time. I fought hard all day yesterday not to cheat my head off. Today I decided to get it over with so that I can move on from here. I did eat the extra dark chocolate that is supposed to be good for your heart, however. So maybe I will not have to go to **** in a handbasket.....Maybe. I am making "Quick and Creamy Chicken Stew" from Deb's cookbook for dinner. Then maybe a little white wine with Sprite Zero.
  • Went WI today and was down 1.6 lb. Yay! Lost the Easter pound and then some. Gotta update the ticker. Have a good night everyone. I want to watch the AI results show tonight - no idea who might be going home.

Bye for now.