LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 11 of 99
Go to
  • Thanks for the kick Nicole!! Can you call me tonight at like 6 tell me again??
  • Thanks Julie! I am gonna do that!
  • Joni.......love that you put your adorable smiley face avatar back up. It is my favorite
  • no problem, Wendy..........I'll call you right after my job interview
  • Oh, and congrats Kristen.........on TBL challenge. You kicked some serious booty lady XOXO
  • Nicole - Good luck on your interview - I hope it goes well. I had one last friday and we are supposed to find out tomorrow. So here's to waiting another day!!

I am doing FF today and tomorrow with the dreaded juice. COD owed me a bottle from when I joined and I was unable at that time to do TO. So now I am doing it. I have come to the conclusion that I like it better with the oranges but I will stick it out the 2 days. I go get weighed again on thursday morning after it is all over. So it is chicken, haddock and salad greens for 2 days - then again that's what I eat a lot of the time anyway!! I am not hungry, just getting lots of exercise running to little girl's room!!

I had a new girl at my COD yesterday and she was nice. They are actively recruiting new people so we will have some more new faces in the next few weeks as well.

I go see my furkid tonight. This month it will be later than it has been though as I am working 11-7 this month versus 930-530 for the past 4 months. But I'll still go over and just stay until 930 or so.

Well, I only had a few minutes and I have to get back to work again. I'll check in later!!
  • Kristen - boy, now I feel like a schmuck! Can you run out and buy them something special and just tell them it's from me? XOXOX
    Quote:
    Joni.. you broke the girls' hearts.. I just promised them a handmade wooden carved Easter bunny from Auntie Joni!!
    No advice on getting rid of the paint on your hands. Why not just color some easter eggs and just use your hands instead of the dipping tool. You can choose what color you want your hands to be...I suggest bright pink. The bangs should grow out in about four weeks. Can you post a new avatar showing us your new and improved look?

Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

Wendy: great loss; Wendy II - see results from Wendy I; she used her treadmill every day last week.

Barb - sorry your daughter is giving you and DH a hard time. Hopefully some day she'll have a daughter of her own that will put her through the same pains you are going through....I totally believe in "payback."
  • Hey how bad is Thai food? "dietwise" I got Pad Puk or some such (stir fried chicken with mixed veggies served with 1 cup rice). I count it as 1/2 P (it was less than 3 oz chicken), 2V, 2S (I had about 1/2 cup rice) and 1Fat. I think I need to stick with eating at home, counting this food when I go out is confusing.

Barb I sympathize with you. I have an 18 year old son who is now a "man" and can do whatever he wants (or so he says). I spend most of my nights in tears. As for payback...boy am I getting it. Funny thing is I don't remember being disrespectful to my mom. My son is an only child and I'm a single parent so I'm getting both parents ration of crap. He used to be so sweet and thoughtful though so this is taking me by surprise. BUT I'll take this over health issues since I know this will pass............if I let him live thru it.
  • Good afternoon!

Well all you losers...I found your 2lbs! Don't know why, but I was up this morning. Then I broke the free food rule...I ate a donut...I'm embarrassed to say so and I was so mad at myself afterwards. I've been fine other than that brief moment of weakness.

I really am happy for everyone who is losing. Keep it up!
  • Quote: Juliemarie - too funny about the baby soap. I thought they just sold that stuff to make more money and appeal to new moms.

Nicole - I just love reading your posts. "Novels by Nicole" - please keep writing. Screw Home Depot; just stay here. DH and the kids need you.

"
    Joni and JM........I used to always buy dreft..........and then when my laundry got to be such a chore...I still kept my baby clothes seperate.......but I washed them in Tide or Era, just like the rest of the family.........I just double rinsed them. Either way seemed fine.......but it is really fun to buy dreft

And, Joni....yeah, thanks a lot.......LOL.......appealing to my wife/mother guilt........LMAO..........you sound like my sister!!! When I told her I was going for the interview, she said, "what, now you are going to go and screw up everything........" and I was like, what the **** are you talking about......and she said, "now when I come to visit you, you are going to have to go to work!!!!" LOL. That's my sis...........honest to a fault. One of my other girlfriends shrieked out a, "WHAT????" when I told her that I applied. She wanted to know if I needed my head examined......LOL. If nothing else..........this day and decision making process should be interesting

It's still raining and grey here............and I really wanted to do a bit more gardening.......oh well.

I'll fill ya all in later.

And Alannah......I hope you get good news tomorrow.
    XOXO
  • Joni - Thanks.. I needed that! Wendy began about the same time I did and she's way ahead of me. I must catch up!! :-)

Nicole - good luck on your interview.. I'll be waiting for that call..

Shannon - My 14 yr old daughter may not live to see her 15th birthday... teenagers!!!

Alannah - good luck on your TO

Dang.. outta time again.. argh. I hate the beginning of the month.. no time to play!
  • What's a free food rule?
  • Paula............I feel your pain......I have been OP for like 6 days, with less than a pound loss.............oh well. push on..........push on.......or as megan says.........just keep swimming
  • Oh Kristen! I hope you aren't priming with Kilz2. I got some of that in my hair a couple of months ago on a job and it took 5 washings to get it out! And, if you're using an oil based primer, sadly you will have to use paint thinner or turpentine to get it off your hands. I usually wear latex gloves when I am using oil based so the clean up isn't so hideous.

OK, who all is watching AI tonight??? Please let Sanjaya be soo bad he has to get voted off. I have decided that the best way shows like this could get around the "votefortheworst.com" ploys would be to have people vote for the one person they think should go every week instead of who they want to stay.

Barb, I am sorry about your daughter. Sadly, I hate to admit I did the EXACT same thing when I was 17 - quit beauty school and got kicked out of the house cause I couldn't live be the rules. Seems to be all too common. I swear to this day that I am the one who gave my mom the patch of grey hairs on the right side of her temple and my little brother gave her the ones on the left. If is is any concillation (and I know that is hard to think of now), I am 42, grew up to be pretty successful and have a very close relationship with my mother now (since I was about 22). I think most 16, 17 and 18 year olds think they know everything and think they are ready to be out on thier own. As hard as it is, let her go out there and find out how hard it is. It will help her gain some appreciation of you. It might take a little while, but she'll get there. Until then , big s for you.

Nicole, hope you kicked butt in your interview.
  • SHannon - free food rul e- THere are no 'free' foods. Just because someone else brought them to work doesn't mean you can eat them without repurcussion.

Also, I'd have to day that Thai food is also high on the sodium side, but Dan is the salt police, not me.

Kristen - LOL, there are easier ways to highlight your hair, girlie. OK, I know I seem to have a 'story' for everything, but... please do not wash with turpentine. When I was a kid the people down the block did that because they got paint in their hair, but they were smokers too.... and apparently did not rinse well enough.... and accidentally lit themselves on fire (3 of them). They all burned their hair off! I guess i fyou are not going to be around smokers it's OK....