TV Show: Fat: What No One Is Telling You

• This show is apparently making the rounds on PBS. This listing is for WLIW21, a station that airs in the NYC area. So set your tivos, this one looks good!

Fat: What No One Is Telling You

Open abuse of fat people is our last accepted prejudice. As the number of obese Americans climbs to frightening levels, the quest for answers is becoming even more urgent. Obesity experts have a growing and sobering awareness of the complex human puzzle that is driving this epidemic and creating so much personal pain in a society that worships thin. Is it genes? Is it metabolism? Is it stress, evolution or the lack of willpower? Why can't the brain control hunger? What drives us to keep eating when we know we are full? This program gives viewers a window into the intense human dramas that rage inside people who have been labeled obese and the difficulty of solving their weight problem. (Closed Captioning) (Stereo) (Spanish)

Channel 21 (NYC area PBS station)
    9:00pm Thursday, April 26

1:00am Friday, April 27
  • ooo excellent!
  • Sounds really interesting, thanks for pointing out!

BTW, the PBS website for this program has lots of good info about exercise and weight managment, etc
  • Thanks! I heard about it and then completely forgot it. I'll check my schedule and put a sticky on my tv
  • And would that also be on GEORGIA PBS???

Here's hoping! Because it sounds very interesting! (I love learning why I'm fat!)
  • Hey Charlotte, could you remind us if you think about it? I tried to TIVO it but its not listed yet and I know I'll forget. TY!
  • Yay, my comcast listed it. DVR set!
  • Quote: Hey Charlotte, could you remind us if you think about it? I tried to TIVO it but its not listed yet and I know I'll forget. TY!
    It isn't listed for me yet either! But, I (or someone else because I can be forgetful ) will bump this thread when the date gets closer........
  • Thanks for the tip! I just TIVO'd it.