Wow - it's quiet in here!

• Well, I just found out yesterday I am pregnant. I had about 12 lb to go to get to my goal (133) - I'm down to 145 from 213!!

So slightly miffed that I didn't get down to it, but ecstatic about the baby.

Last time I piled it on - about 50 lbs I think, although I didn't dare weigh myself in the last month - I just sat at home in front of the TV pigging on biccies. I DID lose it all afterwards - and more, but I don't want to put that much back on again. When I look at pics of myself in the hospital I just cringe at the double chins. I started my last pregnancy at 170, so if I can only put 25 lbs on, that will take me TO 170, which would be great.

Also would like to be sexy pregnant momma, showing off my belly in cute clothes, rather than heifer pregnant momma, who looks like she's carrying twins.
  • There you are! Congratulations!
  • Thanks Susan!!
  • Congratulations! Definitely don't look at my siggy, then. LOL History repeated itself three times for me. I never got to be the sexy pregnant mama I see around town. But, that's okay. I will get to be the sexy, non pregnant mom the rest of the time.
  • I never get to be the cure pregnant mom, either. With 9-10 pounds babies, it doesn't matter if I gain 20 or 80 pounds during my pregnancies-there is no way I could wear the sexy belly shirts after about 4 months. Those are for the little ladies that end up having 5-6 pound babies.

I on the other hand, look 8 months pregnant when I am 4 months...
  • Congratulations!

I hope that you look lovely during your pregnancy.

That's part of one of my goals of losing weight - when it comes time for my next pregnancy I don't want to have to shop in the plus size section, that's very limited.

Congrats on your weight loss to date, that's amazing! I'm sure you've picked up great eating habits and will be able to incorporate those into your pregnancy.

Again, congrats!
  • Hey girl! I remember you from another thread! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

(and no, I'm not pregnant - just saw your post & wanted to say hi!)
  • Thanks - I have been very carefully watching what I eat but I've still gained half a pound!

*sigh*
  • Thanks Shyla - I rememeber your little pink elf - don't seem to have seen it for a while though.
  • Nope, I fell off the wagon for quite a while, and am refusing to change my ticker to reflect that. LOL. But I'm on the right track again! Good to see you!
  • Don't fret about the 1/2 pound, really. My breasts "get ready for production" almost immediately after conception-and I know about 2 pounds of my pregnancy weight was in my boobs. I literally gain a cup size in the first trimester, and then another while nursing.

You should gain about 5 pounds during the first trimester.
  • Well, I've gone up a cup size already - I have definitely noticed a difference in my boobs. I'm quite pleased actually - they had been getting a bit saggy.
  • See-that half pound is all boobs!