Back from the break?

• Earlier this week I posted in the general ""Support Form" and explained that I was taking a break. I was tired of logging my food into Fitday and tired of feeling guilty about going out to eat (I've been doing it since November and only lost 8 lbs.) and that I was stuck at the same weight for the past 3 weeks.

Well.... I did take a break this week. I didn't log any food into Fitday, ate healthy for breakfast and lunch but pretty much ate what I wanted for dinner and I lost 2 lbs. this week! What is the reasoning of that? I don't eat a lot in between meals (never have) and I don't eat after dinner. I had been eating around 1200 to 1400 calories a day and staying the same. I know my calories were up because I was eating (and not logging) what ever I wanted for dinner.

I don't know how this all works out but I think what I am doing now is working. What do you all think?
  • I'm only theorizing because stuff like this confuses me but I've read time and time again that sometimes your body adjusts to the new lower calories and you have to occasionally feed it more to kick it out of starvation - hanging-onto-all-the-fat mode. It won't work permanently though so go back to counting and you should keep losing I reckon.

Anyway - 2 lbs
  • back
  • WTG!!!! Glad you came back and let us know of your victory! Sometimes we all need a break!
  • Good for you! Remember, just because you were eating more than "normal" doesn't mean that you weren't still running at a calorie deficit. With all your recent focus on healthy eating, you have probably reached a new "normal" in terms of your food choices. You automatically make healthier choices than you used to, even when you're not consciously trying to count calories. And isn't that what we all aspire to? Way to go!
  • [QUOTE=Doughnut;1624368]I'm only theorizing because stuff like this confuses me but I've read time and time again that sometimes your body adjusts to the new lower calories and you have to occasionally feed it more to kick it out of starvation - hanging-onto-all-the-fat mode.

I fully agree with Doughnut, I have read that your body will go in to starvation mode.
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words and the welcome back. Janie - I do agree that since I have been counting calories and logging them into Fitday for so long I am more aware of what I eat and still think about what would be healthier and less calories. I think it's stuck in my head !

Anyway, the last couple of days I have really gone off track and ate pretty much everything . I doubt my 2 lb. weight loss is sticking this week. I also have felt physically ill today from eating all that garbage . So I am back on track today and will stay there. I just feel better when I eat better.

Have a great day!