Hello

• Hello,I
    need a diet buddy too. I need to lose 65 lbs. I have heath probems that would improve if I lost weight.

I work in a Bakery as a cake decorator and I find it very hard to pass up danish and cookies..

Hope to hear from you..

LIN
  • It would be nice if we could get this board active again for all of us who are compulsive or binge eaters.

I don't attend meetings of OA because there are none locally, but I do have several of their materials and am in the process of reading them.

I am a compulsive eater of both healthy and fattier foods. I can binge just as easily by starting with carrot sticks and progressing on to other foods.

I am learning that losing weight (I never call it dieting) is about discipline. Any plan that says no willpower is needed lies.

I am also applying a principle of OA called "abstaining". Simply choosing not to eat at certain times.

It is all a battle, but it is nice to do battle having friends for support.

Elaine
    297/271.5/199 first goal
  • Hi,

I went to my first OA meeting last night and was very inspired. I have been following Atkins (lo carb) since 6/10/00 & did very well. At one point I had lost 168 lbs (308 down to 140), but I started bingeing 9/30/01 & basically haven't been able to stop. I haven't gotten on a scale, but considering I was a size 8 pre-binge and am now a tight 14 tells me I've gained 25-30 lbs. I'm back OP today and brought my OA newcomers packet and 12 Steps/Tradition book with me to the office to read during lunch. I plan to attend another meeting Sundat night.

linsue - I'll be glad to be your buddy. PM me anytime, or like teach93 said, maybe we can get this board active again. I don't know what I would do if I worked in a bakery; it's all I can do to avoid the vending machines at my office!

teach93 - I'm a binger as well so I know how you feel. PM me anytime you need a shoulder.

Jennifer