100 calorie english muffins

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Lynx - That's why they are only to be counted as 1 starch once a week. I agree with you that if you are going to use them more than that, you should count them as 2.
  • OK, I bought some of these and frankly I thought they were kind of gross. I didn't like the texture or the flavor. Maybe it's just me ! I think I'll stick to my Sara Lee Delightful wheat.
  • My 14yo DD didn't like them either. And she's the reason I bought them. I didn't notice a texture difference really, but there are only 2 left so that should last me awhile. After that, if I buy them, I will keep them in the freezer.
  • to respond to a queston that Dan asked. back on 3/20/07 (I am new to this sight) it is not the calories that makes a starch; it is the carbohidrates. My oldest son is a diabetic i am no expert but we have been taught that one starch is around 15 carbohydrates. you then have to take the fiber into consideration. not all starches are processeed the same; a higher fiber starch will process slower there for it effects your blood suger levels differently. Basicly if you subtract the fiber from the carbs it gives you the corbahidrats; in this instance 24 carbes - 8 fibers = 16, one starch. I hope this answers your question if someone as not already don so.
  • Thanks for the insight.. That makes sense!