Your favourite "safe" sweet treat?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I love smoothies that are the consistency of soft-serve. I use protein powder, milk, and a lot of ice. For example, I make coffee ice cubes, and blend them with chocolate protein powder, milk and a Tbl. of SF DaVinci Kahlua syrup. One of my favorites is to freeze a banana, and mix with vanilla protein powder and milk plus a Tbl. of SF DaVinci (or Tourani) caramel syrup. I use enough ice so that I have to eat the stuff with a spoon. I'm getting protein, dairy and something that satisfies my need for a creamy, sweet texture. I used to get Skinny Cows, but had trouble stopping at just one.
  • Shelia - When did you get so skinny?!?! How did I miss that!

I love:
    • Frozen bananas
    • SF FF Jell-o pudding topped with lite cool whip - If I am feeling super decadent, I add slices of banana or strawberries.
    • SF FF Pudding frozen into Popsicles
    • Stash Decaf Chai Tea with a bit of FF Evaporated milk and splenda
  • My favorite quick "safe" treat.

2 cups fat free yogurt (usually raspberry)
    1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries)
    3 tbs. of high flax granola

I put the berries in the yogurt while they are frozen and in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour. I take it out, then top with the granola. It's filling, quick and very yummy.
  • No Pudge mocha or mint chocolate brownies. Made with nonfat yogurt. Delish.
  • When it's that once-a-month craving for me, only chocolate will do. My guilt-free, low-carb, low-fat, chocolate fix is:
    1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp Splenda, a small pinch of stevia, all stirred together, and enough skim milk to barely wet it down. Stir and mash with a finger, dip and lick until done.
    (By eating it so childishly, I feel free of all that "grown-up" discipline...)
  • Quote: Frozen strawberries. Fairly low calorie and very tasty.
    oh i just bought some of those, they are so good! i also eat one of those 10 calorie jellos. pretty good.
  • I also do the SF FF Jello pudding with just a bit of fat free whipped cream ...but I also add some graham cracker crumbs on top (just a sprinkle) to give it that "chocolate pie with graham cracker crust" effect. Yum!
  • I just made a dessert I found on SouthBeach
    1 pkg.sugar free Cheesecake pudding
    1-3/4 c. fat free skim milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 fat free cool whip
    Puree the berries add milk and puudding blend well stir in cool whip. Chill an hour. Not sure how it is but thats the family's dessert for tonight.(The spoon tasted pretty good!)
  • Quote: oh i just bought some of those, they are so good! i also eat one of those 10 calorie jellos. pretty good.
    DH and I take out a 6lb bag from Costco in about a week and a half. It is crazy. I am going to Costco every week for frozen strawberries alone.
  • Nelie, when did you get married??? I knew you were engaged but I didn't realize you'd tied the knot already! I'm behind on the congratulations!

Edit: I'm sorry to hijack the thread!
  • Quote: Nelie, when did you get married??? I knew you were engaged but I didn't realize you'd tied the knot already! I'm behind on the congratulations!

Edit: I'm sorry to hijack the thread!
    A couple months ago

Let me think of another sweet treat quick.....

Well there are always pieces of dark chocolate. I recently bought some organic, eco friendly dark chocolate from Whole Foods (it was on sale) called Dagoba? It was so good. It takes DH and I a few days to eat an entire bar. Although I'm trying to cut down on my after dinner dark chocolate.
  • Mmmm. I just thought of another one I like to eat when I'm in a fruit mood. Chop up green apple, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, (and banana too, but it's not my fav) then stir all together with non-fat strawberry yogurt. Yum!