Non-Scale Victories, anyone?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I saw that the 100 lb. club has a thread full of all of their non-scale victories, and I thought that it might be a good idea for there to be one here as well. For me, I find it's a great motivation to read about everyone's progress and it seems to give me a boost when nothing else will.

I'll start it off. Tonight I went to the gym even though I was VERY sore from my upper body weight training last night. This is a big deal for me because normally any sort of physical discomfort would, in my mind, give me a "get out of jail free" card to not go to the gym. Also, I've gone to the gym everyday this week, which is the most consecutive days I've been in several years. It's kind of sad that I'm having laser foot surgery tomorrow (for the 4th time for my Plantar warts) and have to at least break my routine for a few days until I can actually stand putting my foot into my tennis shoe again.

So, what are your NSV's?
  • Clothes!

I am having a rummage sale in a week and set to work on my closet last night, clearing out everything that is too big. I have clothes going to a 26/28W. My last purchase was a missies 18. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR! And it feels GREAT!

And it's incredibly cool to know I don't have to go to the plus-size section when I go to replace the things I'm getting rid of!
  • Great idea! I had actually been thinking we should try an NSV thread here and am thrilled someone else started it!!!

I had an NSV this week. I saw a student on campus I haven't seen in at least nine months. I could see her eyes go big as I walked in, but she didn't say anything. The last time I had her in class I think was near my high weight. So, when I saw her a few minutes later and said hi, she had to just burst out "You look great!!"

I am starting to notice the signs when people can't tell who I am right away but then figure it out! Fun stuff.
  • Just being so much more able in the gym, upping the levels to get a new challenge and going faster no the treadmill than I thought was possible!! It feels so great Am slightly less mortified when I see myself in the gym mirrors too
  • My non scale victory this week was fitting into 2 shirts that were a size large. I have worn a 2-3x most of my adult life, so this was a real victory for me! Also, excersising everynight even if i am tired. and the compliments! it makes me want to continue to do good when people notice.
  • Shirt
    I agree that this thread is a great idea!

I put on a shirt this week that I bought three or four years ago. I tried it on to attend a friend's party back in October, but I had to go for the shirt that was a size bigger. However, yesterday I put the shirt on and it fit and looked great. I couldn't believe it.

This was the first really big sign for me that something was beginning to show.

Good Luck to Everyone Else. Post more NSV later!
  • I have a weakness for pastries and the like. Today, I wa in my offie completing paperwork before dismissal and one of my teachers walked in with birthday goodies to share. I sang happy birthday to her and said thank you but no thank you to the offering. This was a definite victory for me because usually I WANT the item and I don't want to offend or upset the person making the offering. I am far from perfect but I may actually be doing this better this one more time.
  • Three weeks ago I bought a size 24 pants because the 26 was too big and sagging around the belt, and now the same is happening to the 24! Can't wait to be 22- maybe by the end of next week!
  • I have a shopping NSV to report: size 10. At least in a couple of items! Mostly, 12s are still fitting or tight, but I bought a size 10 skirt which is a little tight and a pair of shorts, which I hope will fit by the summer.

I never thought I'd get to a 12 -- much less lower!!!!!!
  • Congratulations
    I just want to congratulate everyone on their NSVs!

I also have a new NSV: I tried on a pair of jeans that I found yesterday that I haven't been able to wear since my 21st birthday (almost five years ago)! They are tight, but I could get into them and fasten them! They are 24s down from 28+! Hopefully in a couple more weeks I can wear them comfortably.

Everybody keep up the good work!
  • Well I picked up my car and neede to get coffee for a trip I have planned tomorrow and don't want to stop in the morning to get it. So I was going to dunkin donuts and I was hungry and I stopped myself went home ate the sensible meal I planned and then went and picked up the coffee (I don't have a coffee maker and I like ice coffee). Managed not to be tempted by the sugary treats and just got cream in my coffee not the huge mountains I am used to.

• I had the NICEST nsv last night...it's finally getting warmer outside, and it's daylight later into the evening, and DS (he's 7) wanted to go for a ride around the neighborhood on his scooter, so I said, yep let's do it....we walked around for almost 40 minutes!! We chatted, talked, waved to our neighbors, just enjoyed being outside and being together. It was nice. I didn't realize our neighborhood was so beautiful! I'm a bit of a gym rat but never one for working out at home or outside, so I felt really good after the nice long walk.

Great job on all your NSVs! I'm excited to see a thread of them over here! Big sap that I am, I'm all teary just reading them
  • I don't yet have an NSV myself, but I just wanted to congratulate each and every one of you and say that I think this thread is an awesome idea - very motivating and inspiring!
  • hi, I have a silly one to report, last year I sprained my ankle & the year before that I broke it, it was hurting the other day & I called my hubby to look at the 'funny bone' sticking out. I was quite worried! Then we both realised it was my ANKLE BONE!!! It's SUPPOSED to stick out!!!!lol So many years of having fat & puffy ankles made me forget what a nearly 'normal' ankle looks like!
    I'm really enjoying reading all these NSVs, it really makes me smile to see what we can achieve! & how great it makes us feel.
    xxxxsharon
  • Sharon -- that's an awesome nsv! Here's a hint, if it's symmetrical (on both sides of your body), it's probably okay!! I learned that from Everybody Loves Raymond.

I had a similar one recently. I was shaving my legs and realized that my knees are harder to shave because ... how to explain this? When my leg is straight, there's an indentation in my knee. It's supposed to be there and used to be covered with fat. No more smooth knees for me!