stairs at work

• Does this sound like an effective exercise? (I only want to keep up my energy level, maintain my weight, and keep from becoming a total blob from doing nothing LOL)
    On days when I don't have time to use my rebounder/trampoline for 30 mins at home, I like to go up and down the stairs at work for 2 separate 15 minute increments, once during morning break, and once using half my lunch time. I go up and down only 4 flights, at a moderate pace. Not running, but not crawling. I start to really feel it about halfway through. I'm at work, so I don't want to get TOO sweaty. Is it just as good to split up the half hour? What do you think? TIA!
  • Lipid -- Absolutely that's a great idea to get in some extra exercise, there is nothing easy about stair climbing ... They have stair climbers at the gym, special, fancy, expensive machines so you can climb the stairs in one spot. Doing something, stair climbing, is better than sitting on your toush ... Keep up the great work...
  • Anything that gets you moving and even breaking a sweat cant be bad!

Keep movin' girl
  • I take the stairs as much as possible. At work, at home (I live on the 4th floor of an apartment building) and the stairs at the train station (killer!). Any movement is worth something!