Calorie Counters Chat-March 2007!

You're on Page 18 of 53
Go to
  • I'm going to bed at just about 1100 cals. I'll eat smarter tomorrow.

I think I need to check out those birthdays!
  • Good morning everyone!!!

Had a real good on plan day yesterday. Felt good and strong and determined. I love when the day goes that way as opposed to fighting the urges all day long.

Monday's calories - about 1150.

Have a great and healthy and safe day girls!!!!!
  • Good Morning Girls!
    Monday's Journal
    Calories...1,108 Fat...20% Fiber...58grams
    Breakfast:
    Fiber One dry with dehydrated bananas/strawberries. (I found these yesterday in the baby food section. They have a bunch of fruits dehydrated for toddler snacks) I mixed in a serving with the Fiber One and it's great for nibbling plus adds one serving of fruit @ 25 calories.
    Lunch:
    Turkey Sandwich w/lettuce & Dijon. I zapped two serving of frozen stir-fry veggies in the micowave with a chicken broth made with a bouillion cube. It was good but the sodium was high (1 cube has 1100mg of sodium) Does anyone know of a product that has lower sodium? Otherwise I'll cut one in half next time.
    Supper:
    The last of the Chicken Veggie Soup (I was getting sick of it, made too big of a batch), salad with Olive oil/vingar.
    Snack: Applesauce/Cool Whip/Pudding topped with F.One
    Evening snack: Popcorn (sodium is only 280mg)
    FF Milk
    Rai... Congrats on the 3 pound loss!
    Allison... I won't know my cholesterol numbers for a couple of days. Doc was impressed with how healthy I was, really good blood pressure and heart. He twisted my arm into scheduling a colonoscopy, yuk! On Sunday I have to drink all that yukky stuff to cleanse, then Monday morning I'll have the procedure done.
    Quote:
    Bobbi~hope those numbers come in good for you. And HCFS is high fructose corn syrup.
    Diva... I have lots of days that I don't reach 1200 calories and I feel the same way. Sometimes I'm not hungry but eat just to get my calories in.
    Quote:
    It doesn't FEEL unhealthy. Feels more like giving the body what it needs, and nothing more.
    Robin...Was that you that just had the colonoscopy? If so, tell me it doesn't hurt!
    Yesterday while waiting for my prescription for my colonoscopy cleanser I noticed a new book out called "The Fiber35 Diet". Has anyone heard of this? I googled it when I got home and the plan is all around getting 35grams or more of fiber daily. Many of us already do that, I was wondering if anyone read this book?
    Hello everyone, hope you all have a great and well planned day.
  • I was fiddling with fitday this morning. My average for the last week is almost 1800 cals but for the last 2 weeks it's only 16-something. Creeping creeping ... must stop the creeping!
  • Bobbo,

I had the test last year. I did not do well with the Colon Cleanser. Made me throw up.
    The test was easy.
    I was so terrified of it. Mine was both ends, at the same time.
    The Dr. gave me a sedative called Twilight. Thank God for it!
    I went in the operating room, talked a min. and The next thing I remember was waking up. No side affects
    You might do well if they give you Twilight.

Yesterdays total.
    Calories 1475
    Fat 30% to high again.
    Carbs 48%
    Protein 22%
    Fiber 48 gr.

I went to Curves yesterday. and worked an extra 20 min. at home.

I am still watching my blood pressure. normal = 118/79 pulse 99
    At Curves my numbers got weird... 123/90 pulse 150 That DID concern me. I am going to keep watching this. and see the Dr. Next month.
    I am Keeping a log to show the Dr.

Fitday says my calories for the last two weeks average @ 1412.
    I am told to eat 1600 cal per day. would that really make a difference in my weight loss?

Wow its supposed to hit 65 degrees today and sunny!
    I have a yard thats a total mess. I will get out today to work on it. The electric company Is CUTTING down a very large oak in back. What a mess.

Makes my little yard look lots bigger. I guess I Will have to rent a roller to smooth the yard out, after those large chunks hit the ground. lots of large dents.

more later.
    Theresa

have a nice day!
  • Theresa ... are you losing? are you hungry? weak? tired? able to do all the things you need to do?
  • I'm sure I'll be doing the colonoscopy thing very soon, too. Not something that I look forward to, though. I think it is standard practice to sedate, though~right Susan? You should know. But I have heard that the drink is pretty nasty. Be sure that you're really near a toilet before you start drinking it! I've heard it goes through you a lot quicker than you'd imagine.
  • Oh yes they sedate you. You have to relax for the scope to go ... very far ... at all ...

The prep is the worst. Sip sip sip and have something to sip inbetween. I've heard that apple juice is good. Lots of folks never drink it again.
    If you have a touchy swirly tummy, you can take gravol ... um ... Dimenhydrinate .... just 25 mgs or so.
  • Quote: Theresa ... are you losing? are you hungry? weak? tired? able to do all the things you need to do?

Susan, Most of the time I feel real good. Yesterday, I was not feeling the same energy. felt weak, during workout.

I have lost 2 lbs. since march 1 st. It could be better, I am still learning what to do. how to eat.

hungry, most of the time I am ok.
  • I was married once.

I've had all the colonoscopies a girl can handle.

;-)
  • Total calories yesterday were 563 with 16% coming from fat (gotta love the tilapia).

I have a hot date tonight with a hot guy who looks just like Tim Matheson. We're hitting a steakhouse here in Mystic. I've averaged 919 calories per day over the past week, so I have earned my cheesecake and Merlot. That's if I like him. No sense in ordering yet another course if it means you're sitting across the table from a guy who's making your skin crawl.

My race is Saturday (hills and all) so another day at the gym today working legs and glutes (I'll be garbage come Thursday) and a good 4+ mile run. Would love to break 4.5 today, and you never know! It could happen!

Have a great day, kids.
  • Theresa ... weak is not good. You have to have the energy to carry on. Eat your 1600. And you don't have to be hungry. Go have some tilapia with Diva. Eat the whole can of tuna and get ye some cottage cheese!
    Two pounds in March is fabulous!
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Calories for Monday: 1455

Not too bad and I went for my usual lunch time walk, but I swear I almost melted. It was 90 degrees again! Thankfully it's supposed to be in the mid-70's today and back to normal tomorrow (50's and 60's.) My body has never been able to handle extreme heat very well.

I'm going to try and get in my lunch time walk every day this week (well, every work day at least.) We'll see how that goes. At most, I've been able to squeeze it in 4 times a week.

The next goal that I'm really trying to reach is 179lbs (6 more to go.) At this weight my BMI will be "overweight" vursus "obese." I'm very excited to be so close! I haven't seen a weight this low in years. So, I must get more exercise to make sure I can keep going down.
  • Somebody in maintainers calls that virgin pounds. Zenor's into virgin pounds!
  • Susan,
    what is tilapia? I do eat tuna often.

maybe I need more Protein? Can one eat too much Fish? I eat mostly fish and chicken.