Intuitive Eating #4

You're on Page 29 of 29
Go to
  • Obi, Is it time for an IE #5?
  • Hi IE Pals;
    2frus - sorry you've been sick; me too, on and off. Nast.
    Carol - donuts!!?? I was wondering why "they" even make donuts anymore. I don't know anyone who eats donuts. Cops and Homer Simpson maybe?
    I've been doing a lot of cooking too. I love the harvest share but one of the three people I've been sharing the produce with has dropped out of the plan, leaving only two people to share the weekly bag. I eat about 1/5 as much of this other person so I kind of feel like it's not exactly "fair," and then I shake my head at myself for thinking so pettily. Is "pettily" a word???
    But what is exciting is that I have been making so many new things lately, new to me that is. Yesterday I made a dish with potatoes, carrots and kale, and it was so good. And it was even kind of cute looking. But I made it at the person's house who eats 5x more than me, and so he did just that. Grrr. None left for breakfast.
  • Hey , Jo, sharing is a good thing. Good for you for sharing, even if none was left.
  • Here is the link to Intuitive Eating #5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...45#post1728245

Moderator please lock this thread.
  • Hi group!

I've just discovered this thread and I love it! I've known this approach for many years but was always looking for something else... a diet who would help me shed the pounds faster! After all this effort, all those years of searching, I realise I knew what to do all along! I've just started using this approach but I know it's the thing for me. I feel liberated from the obsession of food, the counting, the search for a quick fix! This is long term for me!

Meg, I don't know if anyone has suggested this author already...Geneen Roth. She's been writing books for 15 yrs on the subject of eating until satisfied. She talks about her obsession with foods and diets and her recovery. She discusses the ways to recognize real hunger and the emotion underneath our need to eat. She's just amazing!

Good luck everyone on this great journey!

• Hi Meggy and Welcome!
    We have moved to Intuitive Eating #5 (please see Obi's post just above yours for the link.) I think we might have lost a few people in the move, so please ya all (am I channelling Paula Deen???) check the #5 thread!
    Meggy, I will check the author you mentioned; I hadn't heard of her.
    jo