Old 03-17-2007, 02:58 PM   #151  

Fiddler, Just wanted to add that I'm amazed at your progress pictures. I thought the old one was nice but the new one is still quite a bit of difference. Very nice photos.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #152  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you eat and it doesn't taste as good as you thought it should that you start searching for something else, hence you overeat? How can we know exactly what it is we want? Or shouldn't we be so picky?
Oh yes, it is very common that things don't taste as good as I thought they should! So then it does make me want to eat something else in an attempt to give that fulfillment. But, that doesn't mean I have to eat something else. Usually I think, ok, better luck next time!

As far as being so picky, I think it is a good thing to be picky! If I'm going to put something in my mouth, it had better be good!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:37 PM   #153  

I once read that if you exercise first thing in the morning before you eat you will burn more fat because your glycogen stores are used up. Anyone else ever heard that?
Old 03-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #154  
breakfast rebel

Carol, I read that too but then also read that it all equalizes - later in the day when you eat, your body very quickly makes up for it by replenishing glycogen, and if there is excess calories to store, fat. I don't think there is a timing trick. But there may well be a psychological trick, if one gets the exercising out of the way early, at least then it is done. Later on we may be mentally exhausted and be inclined to skip it. I speak from experience here because I have a dim memory of exercising in the morning - many years ago! and also of being mentally exhausted - at the end of every day for the last um, many decades of days!
Thanks to all for exercising encouragment. I still have not done crap.
2frus - you mentioned the trampoline. It does sound kind of fun but if I get a rebounder, they are so small! Why are they so small - I feel like I could easily, by my uncoordination, jump on to the edge of it instead of the very tiny middle of it. The bigger ones are huge, for someone with a big backyard. Why don't they make one that is in between, maybe 6 feet? I saw some 6 ft trampolines but they are for tots, under 60 lbs or so. I am not sure I understand why you can get a 40-inch rebounder for adults but a 6-foot trampoline is only for tots!
IE-ers: I've been working on my cooking contest experiments so their QC is not exactly in tune with IE. The ingredients are also not in tune with my intuitiveness! BUT - I have had some interesting experiment results.
Fiddler - nice progress pic !!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 AM   #155  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

carol - YES! I know what you mean!!!! Have you ever had that thing where you're eating a packet of crisps or biscuits or something and think, "That didn't taste as good as I expected...." so you reach for another one in the hope that it will taste better??? I do that quite a lot, then one day I said out loud to DH, I'm only eating another one because I hope it will taste better than the last! And it sounded so stupid I don't think I've done it since!

I had a bit of a silly weekend with a fair few food triggers in it - however I'll say that the majority of the weekend was healthy, with about 25% junk. Bah! I blame my friends! One friend we visited on Saturday - he cracked out the chocolate digestive biscuits I WILL eat the whole packet if you allow me to! However he put about 5 on a plate, so I only ate 5! then he brought out some chocolate And yesterday another friend came to visit and brought kettle chips Which I ate lots of too

Ah well, today I am looking after myself and just drawing a line under it. Sometimes my head doesn't think about "diets" or eating healthily or whatever and I know that to be a good thing, but then that's the danger zone where I tend to eat too much. There must be a fine line somewhere between not obsessing and thinking carefully about what I'm going to eat I will have to keep searching!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 03-19-2007 at 05:58 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #156  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Funny you all should mention this. Sunday I wanted something sweet and love the carrot cake and my local borders. So I get over there and I am third in line. The guy on front of me got the last piece Ok. So now I have my mouth all fixed for carrot cake. I look at their display case nothing else I want. I walk over to the supermarket, nothing I want. I go to the pizza place next to that, nothing I wan't. I end up going back to the borders and having a donut...sitting next to the man whole bought(Stole my carrot cake) then I had a talk with the guy behind the counter about the injustices that has been visited upon and for the good of the country they MUST in the future have more carrot cake so that when I randomly decide I want some it will be there....the nerve of them

Other than that nothing to write home about. MY head seems to be firmly in the game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Oh yes, it is very common that things don't taste as good as I thought they should! So then it does make me want to eat something else in an attempt to give that fulfillment. But, that doesn't mean I have to eat something else. Usually I think, ok, better luck next time!

As far as being so picky, I think it is a good thing to be picky! If I'm going to put something in my mouth, it had better be good!
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #157  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Fiddler, Just wanted to add that I'm amazed at your progress pictures. I thought the old one was nice but the new one is still quite a bit of difference. Very nice photos.

Jo (Spinymouse) took the picture so she gets the credit. I just stood there.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #158  

Obi, You just gave me my laugh for the day. What a hoot!! But I know exactly what you mean. Hey, 2frus, chocolate is good for you. Fiddler could you give us a sample of your eating and exercise since the weight just seems to be falling off? Jo, I walked 6mi. again today and boy does it hurt. But I'm sick of this belly of mine. I'm sure I won't keep this up but I hope I keep something up. I do great in the summer with all the gardening but seem to turn into a slug in the winter.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #159  

Forgot to say, Jo, that you can buy a minitrampoline with a bar to keep your balance. I think it looks kind of neat.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #160  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Fiddler could you give us a sample of your eating and exercise since the weight just seems to be falling off?
Lots of ethnic food--mostly Thai, Mexican, and Indian. Lots of salads and soups. Mostly made from scratch. Almost no processed foods. However, tonight I'm having a reuben sandwich because I'm craving sauerkraut.

Right now I'm not getting as much exercise as I would like. I try to walk 2 miles a day plus hit the gym for circuit training 3 times a week, but I've been too busy to do that much lately. I am, however, doing 4 to 8 hours of yard work a week, so that helps.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #161  
breakfast rebel

Default Sauerkraut

I love sauerkraut. There is actually a "sauerkraut club" and "sauerkraut chat."
check out www.sauerkrautrecipes.com
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #162  
breakfast rebel

Default more of the same

an article from the Mayo Clinic which appeared in the ediets newsletter. Pretty basic stuff but reinforcement is always good, right?
http://www.ediets.com/news/article.c...84&cmi=2426177
Old 03-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #163  

Thanks for the article, Jo. My family loves ruebens but we do it a little different. We use ham, rye bread, baby swiss, sauerkraut and a dressing called Dorothy Lynch that was first made in NE where we grew up.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #164  
breakfast rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Jo (Spinymouse) took the picture so she gets the credit. I just stood there.
HA. You just stood there lookin' lean!!! The Credit is Thine!! One of these days I'm going to be worth of an "after" picture....... (dreaming)
Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #165  

Jo, "Those days" will be here before you know it. How do you do the "quote" thing that's just above your message?