Yay for me!

• I started to have a piece of ice cream cake this afternoon. In general a small piece would be ok, except that whipped cream is a trigger for me and that cake has been a real problem since dd's birthday.

Anyway, cut a small slice, which left a small slice as the last piece. Put both pieces in a bowl. Weighed it. (almost 7 oz). Started the head talk about how much I was going to hate myself if I ate the cake. Took a bite of icecream. Walked over to the sink and shoved it all down the garbage disposal (Interesting note, the cake part dissolved faster in warm water than the icecream melted--weird huh?)

AND

I'm in a food coop for dinners, which is GREAT. On the one hand not every meal is a lowcal meal, but all of them are better than anything eating out/carry out so in the end even the worst coop meal is a better option. And it has saved me from at LEAST 1-2 carry out dinners a week.

Anyway, the meal I had thawed for tonight was a chicken pot pie. The way it comes is the filling is all mixed together and then you have a single pillsbury pie crust to top it with.

I put the recipe in fitday and to my surprise it wasnt as horrid as I was expecting, well within my dinner allowance. But still really high in fat. 1/4 pie was the serving size. 450cal - c/p/f 51/23/17 with 5g fiber. I looked at it and decided to serve it "pennsylvania dutch style" I left off the pie crust and replaced it with 4 oz of barilla macaroni. Now 1/4 recipe is 306 44/28/4 with 7 g fiber.

Yay me!

And now I have room for a snack, which is good cause I am still hungry (dinner isnt for 2 more hours yet). After the near miss with the icecream I just had to stay out of the kitchen until I calmed down.
  • Way to go!
  • WTG!!!! Now if only I could get past the cookies I made yesterday.....
  • Yay you!!!!!

Ice cream cake + me = I am a human garbage disposal. So make that double and triple - yay you!!!
  • WoooHooo Way to go!
  • OH YEA ~ OH YEA ~ OH YEA ~ OH YEA!

I just love women that can take cake and shove it where the sun don't shine!