Pita Help

• Im having a hard time finding pita's that are cut in the middle and low enough to count as a starch even at 4". Have any ideas of where I could buy them. I love making chikcen oitza out of them.

Thanks
  • I know our stores/brands wouldn't be the same here in Canada anyway, but I thought I would mention that my COD didn't get too specific about pitas. The only real point they wanted me to take away was that they should be no bigger than 4 inches. I've eaten tonnes of those and I'm doing pretty well. Honestly though, I've never even looked at the other nutritional info. I must have been on auto-pilot!
  • I get mine in the deli section of the supermarket. The trick is to use a serated knife very close to the top to stuff them. I'm not sure of the brand off the top of my head, but they're 4 inches and slice failry easily.

I'm going grocery shopping tommorrow, I'll edit to add the brand then!
  • OOOHHHHH! I just got it! You mean chicken pita pizza, right? And slicing them in the middle means you want two rounds, right? If that's it, I use the Toufayan mini pitas, which are 4" and 70 calories and are in the deli section at my grocery store.
  • Yes the chicken pita pizza.I love that recipe. I found some that work. My mom had bought some pitas that weren't cut at all and it was very hard to cut them open.

THANKS A BUNCH!
  • Gotcha. Glad you got it worked out. Sorry for my being so dense! (You will notice that it happens from time to time)