I'm feeling nervious about monday weight in...

• Hi everyone!

I joined a few days ago.

I went back to diet and excersise about three weeks ago after the hollidays horrors and I go to the doctor every monday to get my weight checked and a new diet for the week

This week I took care of what I ate and made a good effort to not skip my 40 min dayly walks; but I'm afraid it won't pay off, last week I lost 1 pound and I wish to do better this week but I always get anxious about it and that makes me have cravings all sunday long, and since I'm at home most of the day, the fridge is just more accesible... I have mostly veggies but still.. argh
  • 1 pound a week is awesome! 1-2 lbs a week should be what you're aiming for!
    If your doctor isn't already, you should start taking your measurements. That way you can start watching your body change through the measurements as well as through your weight.

I'm sure that things will turn out great.
  • Hey yeah! A pound a week is just fine! Sometimes you can go faster than that, and sometimes slower--weight loss isn't a straight line. But you're doing it! Good for you! Just hang in there and try to do better, you'll see results!

Jay
  • Thanks for the support, I'm supposed to be taking messurements, but frankly I forgot about it! I'll start again tomorrow

I have lost some weight in the past years, about 40 pounds and around two sizes, but I got a little tired and left the diet for around a year, at least I didn't put the weight up again but I do need to loose more weight and I always get nervious about weighting myself XP
  • Think of the scale as a tool. It's one way to measure your progress, but there are many others, from the tape measure to your abilities!

Weight loss isn't linear. You can do everything right one week and the scale just won't budge. Other weeks you'll lose, some you'll even gain.

So, you need to have patience, a long-term attitude, and other measures of success!

That said -- I know I focus on the scale, so good luck tomorrow!
  • hope it went well!

• well it al went really well 3 pounds I'm proud of myself, thanks a lot for the good thoughts they worked

• Jay
  • Yay! Good job, Vega!
  • Good Job Vega!! Measure yourself, seriously. I would have quit somewhere between stall number 1 and stall number 2 if I hadn't started with measurements. I stalled for 3 weeks, lost 5 pounds, stalled for 4 weeks, lost 5 more. Sometimes, those scales are just not going are way, but if you keep plugging away at it, it will work for you.
  • Thanks girls I'm in a much better mood now, I'll measure myself today and see how that goes next monday, now I have to plan my meals for this week, it worked very well last week
  • congrats! join us in the planning thread i love planning my meals
  • Well I'm a little late finding this thread, Vega, but I wanted to congratulate you! Not only for three pounds this week but for losing 40 pounds and keeping it off for 2 years! That's wonderful. So, you know you can do it because you already have so be very proud of that!

As far as weekends (especially Sunday go) here are a few ideas to help if you are wanting to eat and you know it's not hunger:

1) brush your teeth. It's hard to go eat right after you've brushed
    2) use those teeth whitening strips. For sure you can't eat with those in,
    3) do something complicated with your hands: knit, play an instrument, garden, something that makes it hard to snack

Just try to distract yourself as much as you can when your mind starts playing that horrible old eating game.

You're doing great! Keep it up!
    Beth
  • Way to go! Keep it up!
  • Thanks for all the support! Is so good to know I'm not on this on my own