Anyone here had Laser Hair Removal?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just curious if anyone here has tried laser hair removal, anywhere on their body/legs/arms/face etc.

I know a couple people who are doing it currently, but I was hoping to hear from people who may have had it in the past, and hear what the ultimate results were.

It seems like so much money wasted, if the hair winds up growing back after a few years. (They give no guarantees of any kind!)
  • I'd like to know the same thing. I'd like to get these stray eyebrows that keep popping up on my chin.
  • Stray eyebrows on your chin... you made me laugh outloud!!!

Yeah, I've been told it's "hormonal" but I have a few hairs on my neck right underneath my chin that I can't stand. I pluck them but sometimes they get ingrown and look even worse!
  • Smartbutt ~ my daughter is having it done now, guess that doesn't help you much, but she is happy so far. Pretty sure the back of my head must of got hit by a laser once, nice big spot ALL gone!
  • EZMONEY, did you get a refund?
  • I've had it done and I am so glad. I had to constantly deal with hair on my face (PCOS) and my eyebrows. I will say that having my eyebrows done was incredibly painful. My hair is starting to grow back but I think that is probably from switching to a BC Pill that I shouldn't have switched to. It is still a lot better than it was 3 years ago before I had it done.
  • i had it!
    I havd under arms and bikini line, I was one session short of my package when the company went out of business

the result are good, I have no bikini hairs to speak of but the underarms need another teatment.

I did find it painful, worse durring around TOM.
    Advice: go through a plastic surgeons office, they tend to have the best lasers available. (my place was a few years ago and not supported by a Dr.s office)

But I am very happy with having done it, it makes summer so much eisire to not have to shave. I can get dressed in the moring and not have to wonder if I have hair in the wrong place
  • Quote: the underarms need another teatment.

You have that? I don't anymore. If you want to get rid of it, have a hysterectomy. The hair under my arms and on my legs quit growing. Well, just about. I shave my legs 2ce a year and under my arms to get the 1 or 2 hairs about 1ce a year.
  • I did it years and years ago with absolutely no results, but the lasers are supposed to be better now
  • Quote: Stray eyebrows on your chin... you made me laugh outloud!!!

Yeah, I've been told it's "hormonal" but I have a few hairs on my neck right underneath my chin that I can't stand. I pluck them but sometimes they get ingrown and look even worse!
    wait til you have kids. I used to have a few, after dd I had more, and now it is a disaster. The worst part is they lie in waiting until you are going someplace special and then all sprout an inch while you are driving there
  • Quote: The worst part is they lie in waiting until you are going someplace special and then all sprout an inch while you are driving there

You got that right! Those things are like zucchini. You go to bed and there are no more zukes on the plant. You get up the next morning and there's this big ole honkin' one the size of Montana!

To make it worse, it is stiff as a board and the tweezers have this allergy to grasping it! Dang! A diabetic could do the finger stick thing on some of those.
  • i haven't had laser but am currently going through electrolsys (sp) on my feet- yes i know gross but i have troll feet- can't help it it's going really well and though can be painful as heck depending on time of the month and if i need a 15 min or 30 mins session - it's well well worth it... I only go once a month and will be done probably in may
  • Yesterday on the Tyra Banks show they had all these ladies on there who had hair laser treatments that went horribly wrong. All got burnt by the laser and have permanent dark scarring. Sounds like one must be sure about who is doing the treatment and preferably at a doctor's office.
  • Man I totally hear you about the "sprouting overnight" thing. One time I missed a couple with the plucking, and this guy I was on a date with pointed right at my neck and was like "you've got a couple whiskers!" He actually used the word WHISKERS. I wanted to die. (Oddly enough, he wanted to see me again...)

I can't stomach electrolysis. No needles near me.

And yeah - I've had a couple laser consultations and the doctors actually show me photos of laser treatments gone wrong. This one doctor actually showed me a few "worst case scenario" photos from his OWN practice. They weren't nightmare-ish, just discoloration. I liked his honesty but the price wasn't right, at that point. I think they'd said $600 and that it would take 15 minutes. I couldn't fathom paying that much for 15 minutes of work.

Then I called Sona Med Spa and they wanted $1500 for the same treatment!!! Hahahaha. Then they run these "special!!! 50% off all treatments!!" every couple weeks to make you think that $750 is an incredible deal. I hate them just on principle now.
  • I went to a laser hair treatment center that was run by nurses that are trained in laser hair removal. It was in the Denver area if anyone is looking for a recommendation, PM me.