Need to lose 72 pounds by Oct 2007

• I need to lose 72 pounds by Oct. 2007. Do you think it can be done?
  • maybe...what are your stats (height - weight). Have you tried to lose weight in the past? Do you tend to lose steady or slowly? What plan do you plan to follow?
  • I think that could be accomplished! I am in need of losing a little more of that and recently starting using Slim Fast. They have a website with meal plans and trackers. In addition, there is also a special event calculator and not knowing your weight and height I used mine. It said that I could lose 68 pounds by 10/01/07! I am sure it could be done! Best of luck to you!
  • My Starting weight is 222. Last year I lost 23 on WW and gained it all back plus more. I'm so motivated in the beginning of a diet program. About 2 weeks into the diet, I start to slip.
  • I wouldnt worry about whether it can be done or not, just start! Since you have a history of slips and regains focus on long term healthy behaviors that you can do forever.

why the deadline?
  • First and formost, I have health issues. Secondly, my daughter is getting married in Oct. and looking for a nice dress at this weight is not fun. Plus, I really need to do this to boost my confidence and energy level.
  • dadtalk: From now to Oct. You can lose many pounds. Remember each 10 lbs is another dress size. Nice to aim for. Thinks of the sizes melting away.
  • Hop on plan and start. Whether you lose 72 pounds by October or not, you will be more healthy and fit and be in a better place (physically) in your life. There's no time like the present to get started! Good luck!
  • No matter what you do to "work it off", you will lose weight by October -- 70, 40, 30, whatever you will feel great. If you are anything like me, if you don't start anything, you are more likely to gain by then -- I know I could easily put on 30 pounds in that amount of time. So, keep the wedding in mind, but start taking care of yourself for you!!!