Does any of you buy low carb products thru the internet?

• I saw some wonderful products you cannot get locally anymore. I wonder if any of you get hard to get items from the internet stores? Just wondering, Judy
  • I used to get the LaTortilla's wraps thru the internet, loved it !!!!
  • I got some Carbquick from Netrition and that was pretty good, I haven't got alot, been toying with putting in an order.
  • Yeah its hard. I found the tortillas in one LC store here and the price was crazy, so thats when I looked on the web and ordered it straight thru the manufacturer/distributor. I had to order it by case but it was worth it $$$$ My DH was following a lc plan so we ate them up pretty fast.

I'm leary on buying stuff when I don't know what it taste like (especially LC).
  • I buy mostly through netrition - their prices are usually better. The website isn't as "slick" as some, but for the money I can deal with it. I plan a large order 1-2 times per year - if you spend enough you get a discount and a freebie. I have 2 t shirts and 3 shaker cups. THe shaker cups are awesome. Usually I buy some ross chocolates, da vinci syrups, baking products like not/sugar, almond flour, filbert flour etc., a few boxed convenience items like brownie mixes, my dreamfields pasta (I limit this pretty severly in my diet - I don't quite trust their version of the carb counts), low carb tortillas, flax z snax granola, and just the cheese popped cheddar cheese (sort of popcorn like substance but cheese!). I throw in an item I want to sample each time. I started ordering small quantities until I found what I liked. Now I order things I know with confidence and sample another item or two each time. I plan to order several of things I want to hold me until I order again so I can get the discount, get a freebie, and save time.

Hope this helps.
  • I am thinking of putting in a large order today. I should probably get it in about a week. The local stores are not very good any more for getting the products that I like. I understand that they have to market things that sell so I don't hold it against them. I'm glad that there are internet stores that fill the vaccum. Judy
  • Well I did it, I put in a large order with Netrition and they are going to send me a t shirt and I put in a smaller order with 2 other internet stores. Didn't buy Tortillas because I can still get them from my local grocery store. Everyone seems to be doing South Beach because I see alot of South Beach prepared foods. I'm anxious to see how it turns out I got alot of things that I cannot find locally anymore.
  • My preferences are Low Carb Connoisseur & Dixie Diners, although getting the hang of the low carb taters & spaghetti is not happenin but the brownies & muffin mixes are A OK.
  • I order from Netrition.com as well.
  • lowcarbfriends (dot) com has a pretty good store
  • I live in France so low carb options are basically non-existant, so I don't buy them and frankly, I don't miss them.

I started eating mainly whole foods about 8 years ago, and while the very occasional processed thing gets into my cabinets, it's not our regular fare, nor was it before low-carb. I think for health reasons (chemicals, addititves, etc) we're all better off minimizing the use of processed foods, and I didn't have much difficulty staying with this approach when I switched to low carb.

At the beginning I bought a few more processed things - pre-wrapped cheeses I could take along with me, sausage sticks (kind of like European beef jerky) and a few other things that reassured me while I was moving around (I travel a lot for work). Now that I've been at it for a while (5 months) I don't need most of those, and other than keeping a ziplock of nuts in my purse I can usually either make do with what I find (I've been known to buy 2 sandwiches and only eat the middles) or just go hungry for an hour or two when necessary.

I did see a lot of lower-carb foods in the US on our vacation this summer, but a lot seemed like marketing ploys (when you read the nutrition info the carb counts were still WAY too high for regular consumption).

I also think it's maybe easier to change the way you eat (no bread) than to try to replace the bread with a "low carb" version - but maybe that's just me. I know anywhere I go that I can order a big salad (with cheese and meat) for lunch and be okay. That's much easier to have in mind than reading through the whole menu and being tempted...