Weekend Planning - Feb 3 & 4

• Decided to make one thread for the weekend, since not many people get around to planning the weekend. I'm in planning mode, so I'll kill both days at once:

Saturday
    B: 1/4c steel-cut oats w/ 1 tbsp raisins and 1/8c soy milk; 2 slices turkey bacon
    S: apple, string cheese
    L: dollypie's salad from the fit finds thread... avocado, tomato, black beans
    S: rye crakcers, nat pb
    D: crab cakes made w/ imitation crab, spinach salad
    ---
    25 pts -- 1 over daily allowance, that's fine

Sunday
    B: omlette w/ 2 eggbeaters, spinach, tomato, zucchini; toast w/blueberry preserves
    S: apple, string cheese
    L: turkey sandwich w/spinach on spelt bread, nsa applesauce, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
    S: baby carrots w/hummus
    D: Thinking a burrito.. ff refried beans, tomato, avocado, onion w/ a salad
    ---
    25 again... kinda funny..... oh well, that's what activity points and flex points are for

No room for failure!!
  • I admire your weekend planning Jamie. Unfortunatly I don't have one. I am going to my sisters tomorrow (so I'm as far as having oatmeal for breakfast), out to lunch with her, then to the eye doctor, then probable out to dinner (they don't keep any real food in the house and their kitchen is gross so I can't cook there). Then to the bar for a night of drinking and cards (but I'll be drinking diet coke or water). Sunday well probable go out to breakfast and then to the store. So I'll probable pick something up for dinner at the store. I WILL make sensable choices, I WILL make sure all of the resturants have something I can eat that is low cal/low fat.

Have a great weekend!!!
  • Hey, that's still a plan, isn't it? Maybe not a plan of everything you'll eat, but a plan of attack of sorts. It's tough to plan when you're not at home. Luckily for me, I have no live (haha) and will be home all weekend. Hence the planning.

Anyway, I know not many people get to plan on weekends. But the thread is here for anyone who can
  • Saturday:
    B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, grapefruit, whole grain toast, 1 tbsp pumpkin butter
    S: apple
    L: spinach, cucumber, tomato, peas, black beans, low fat ranch, orange, 1/2 cup plain yogurt
    D: going out for sushi, 2 glasses of wine

Sunday:
    B: banana, whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp pumpkin butter, small yogurt
    L: spinach, cucumber, tomato, peas, black beans, low fat ranch, orange
    D: 1/2 cup brown rice, baked sole, 1 cup green beans
  • i really do admire how you set out planned food. i just cannot do it. if i start writing down what im eating or going to eat it makes my whole day center around food and meal times. is there a way to break that or is just choosing to eat healthier a good way to do it?

john
  • I know what you mean, John.... But you know, if I don't plan, I feel like my day revolves around food and meal times to an even greater extent than if I plan! I'll sit around all afternoon contemplating what to have for dinner... which takes me to the kitchen... which causes me to graze and snack till I'm full.

In my mind, planning helps me not think about food, because I know exactly what I'm going to have when I start getting hungry. So I let myself let go of food-related thoughts till I start getting hungry or if I feel my blood sugar's getting low and it's time for a snack. It especially helps to plan if I'm going to be on campus all day or something, because if I go prepared, I won't have a reason to go to pizza hut or chickfila.

I think it all comes down to what works for you. Not everyone here is a planner. It helps a lot of people, but I can understand why you think this is focusing too much on food. If it works better for you to fly by the seat of your pants, then do it! No doubt that just resolving to make healthier choices is going to be a huge first step and a great improvement.
  • Question, weekend schedule is obviously very different from work/weekday schedule. If I get up in the morning and eat my first meal at 11am, does that count as breakfast? Can I still eat a lunch at 2 or 3 and dinner at 7 or 8? Or by eating "breakfast at 11" and "lunch at 2 or 3" am I ultimately eating 2 lunches???
  • If I get up late and don't eat until 11, I count that as breakfast, then have a late lunch. If I don't eat till 12, I say I skipped breakfast and just eat lunch. There's a fine line But it really is up to you -- if you're hungry, eat, if not, don't! Usually on weekends though I still roll out of bed at 7:30... habit...